News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Adventures of Tintin

Started by Tungro, February 15, 2019, 12:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Do You Like Better?

Original Comics
The TV Show
The Movie

Tungro

Am I the only one here who is a fan of Tintin?

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

321tumbler

I absolutely love the series. My brother has the whole series except for "Tintin in the Congo" and I've read through them all at least three times. Now that I think about it, it's been a while and high time I pick them up again. Although I'd like to write a lot more about the series and what I love about it, I've been really busy. I'll try to get around to that at some point, but in the mean time, I'm always up for talking about the beloved reporter.

Nadaz, voice of the host

I've read them and like them, the only time I've even seen tintin in the Congo was is a French grocery store,  tintin in the land of the Soviets or whatever the name of it is took me a while to find. My favorites were king ottokar's  specter and the calculus affair .
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Tungro

The have a pretty good english tv show on youtube that I enjoyed

321tumbler

Quote from: Nadaz, voice of the host on March 06, 2019, 07:21:56 AM
My favorites were king ottokar's  specter and the calculus affair .

What did you like the most about them?

Sebias of Redwall

The Tintin movie was really good! I think it was directed by the guy who did LOTR right?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

I think it was directed by both Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Tungro on May 06, 2019, 12:40:20 PM
I think it was directed by both Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg
Ah, I remember now... That sounds right.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Ungatt Trunn

Bro, I grew up with Tintin. Remember a good friend of mine introduced him to me when I was like ten. I massively loved every single book in the series - even tried to create/draw my own Tintin book (but, unfortunately, that endeavor is what led me to discover I'm a terrible artist). Even though I don't read Tintin much any more, my youngest brother (6 ears old) still watches the cartoon series a lot, so I get to enjoy some good 'ole Tintin even in my old age  ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tungro

I was introduced to the movie by my sister, then I saw the TV show and after I finished it I bought the comics

Sebias of Redwall

I've read some of the comics but not all...

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!