For Your Consideration: Verminfate

Started by Hickory, July 04, 2015, 03:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

((Yes, this is a series.))

As mentioned in my previous thread, I believe that Rawnblade's sword, Verminfate, was forged from the meteor that created Martin's sword and the three daggers. There isn't much supporting evidence for this, but here goes.

My first argument is that when Rawnblade strikes down his shield, thinking it's Gabool, his sword cleaved down at least half of the metal shield. Now, badger swords are always exceptionally thick and heavy, and Rawnblade obviously struck with all his might, but still.

Second, who's gonna pass up a chance for an unbreakable sword? However the badger lord (I think) before Rawnblade and after Boar was Sunflash, who saw no need for sword, didn't forge one with the space metal. Do when Rawnblade needed a sword....

Of course, it could've been there since Boar. Maybe he forged a badger sword with the remaining metal? Sunflash did see a certain sword when touring the forge....
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Boar knew Martin and the rest would come, and he also knew that the pirate Ripfang would try to attack Salamandastron. Perhaps he felt that he would not live long, and he either started the sword knowing he wouldn't finish it, or left the metal completely for another badger to use.
  At the same time, perhaps it was another sword of a strong alloy, perhaps unnoticed by the others for whatever reason, but found by Rawnblade; the strength of the metal may have been cause for legend, and eventually everybeast believed that it was star-metal.

I would like to mention that Rawnblade came some time after Sunflash, because in Outcast of Redwall Bella of Brockhall is still alive, whereas in Mariel of Redwall the badgermum is Mellus.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.