Come And Learn, Young Children! AKA The School

Started by Russa Nodrey, July 14, 2015, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kade Rivok

Oh, don't worry about that; many of us arrived unannounced.  She's kinda learned to just roll with it at this point.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Yeah, that's one of the things that makes Miss Russa awesome.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Okay. I want to meet her. She should come to the Hobbiton party before we eat all the food.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

Yeah, I agree. The problem is, I don't think she's been active for a while. (meaning about a week)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

And apparently everyone would rather live in chaos than have someone be substitute teacher.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

Having substitute/cover/supply teachers is terrible. I don't have anything against those teachers themselves, of course, it's the lessons. You homeschooled people might not understand. But I've had cover science for a week, plus the rest of this week, and it's really annoying. Nobody does any work, nobody learns anything, and nobody behaves. Well, you have a few unnoticed people doing their best not to be disturbed. Which means the naughty people enjoy cover lessons, but the well-behaved people who actually understand that learning will benefit them in the future a lot more than five seconds of laughter and then a possible detention will. Long-term cover is also bad, because although they will (by the third week or whatever) have some discipline, they're a new teacher, and sometimes they come in the middle of a topic, and it just disrupts it. It can be good, if you go from a terrible teacher to a great teacher, but the thing is, having the terrible teacher in the first place is, well, terrible.

Of course, as this isn't quite like a normal school, the above doesn't quite apply. The chaos is enjoyable, although it would still be nice to have Miss Russa back.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Kade Rivok

Basically, Verdauga, WE'RE STRONG, INDEPENDENT STUDENTS THAT DON'T NEED NO SUB
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

No, we don't. We do need an actual teacher so we can learn grammar. Eye kan grammer well betterer than u,

Verdauga

Quote from: Booklover on November 25, 2019, 06:15:23 PM
Eye kan grammer well betterer than u,
Since you were clearly trying to use bad grammar, I will give you an A- for effort. You capitalized the first letter of the sentence.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

Verdauga

Booklover

Verdauga

Booklover

Yeah, but I think an iPad is more likely to have autocorrect than a computer. The annoying thing (which you might have noticed occasionally, I think the most recent example was on My Hill) is that I set it to French as well as English when doing French homework, and never changed it back, so occasionally it corrects to French words.

Verdauga

They do have their own autocorrect. It has to do with the software providing the keypad.