News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

War In 1700

Started by SilentSam, September 17, 2015, 03:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

OOC: How many troops did you have?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Vilu Daskar

OOC: 100,000 to start with.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Delthion

OOC: Was Sweden a superpower according to Sam?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Sweden was a superpower.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Søren

-Surviving Russians come out of hiding, non-aggressively to the Swedes because of the aliance.
-All invading Russian forces of Poland stand by Vilinus

I'm retired from the forum

Vilu Daskar

-In Scotland    "Sir the British haven't been fighting us, do you think they've given up?"
"Of course not, stay alert."
"Yes sir."

-In Poland  Swedish bombardment on the Monarchy's city begins.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Lady Ashenwyte

Letter to the Scottish leader from King Ashenwyte of Valledo
 Confidential
We will offer you Dukedom of Kent and Scotland's independence if you will join our noble cause against the Englishmen. -Signed, King Ashenwyte of Valledo.
[close]
[close]

- The Spanish scouting force engages the English army and is driven off with minor casualties, but have given time for the main Spanish force to arrive.

- The main Spanish army arrives and attacks the English army in waves. The scouting force now marches to the Prussians.

- The second Spanish settlement, a small village called Esperanza, is established. Contacts are made with locals and the Spanish settlers are happy and satisfied.

- Spanish troops start raiding villages on Britain.

- Spanish troops engage the Ottomans besieging the city. The cavalry regiments position themselves at the Ottoman rear and make camp.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Hickory

OOC: We're still in Venice, right? That was the movement you made against the ottomans, right?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Vilu Daskar

King Ash of Spain
I will attack England as soon as I can rally an army.
General Daskar of Scotland.
[close]

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Yes, the Spanish troops are attacking the Ottomans in Venice.

Hickory

The Ottoman reinforcement contigent of 100,000 lands at the shore. Seeing the Spanish, the set up long range artillery and open fire.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

- The Spanish cavalry are lose half their men but manage to inflict 10,000 casualties on the Ottomans.

Wylder Treejumper

Lord General Patrellis was not one to panic in a fix. As he stood on the ridge with the artillery and surveyed the battlefield, he noted the approach of the Spanish army. Thinking quickly, he dispatched orders. The heavy, difficult to move siege guns he ordered to the opposite side of the breastworks. They began firing on the Spanish troops from long range and high ground. Meanwhile, he staggered the departure of the field pieces, so that he maintained the maximum amount of fire and minimized risk.

The British regulars charged through the enemy lines, inflicting heavy damage to the surrounded French troops- and continued onward. They regrouped at the far side of the battlefield and began marching to their better positions at Alsace-Lorraine to rendezvous with their Prussian allies, followed by the field pieces.

The Spanish troops advanced up the hill under fire from the heavy siege guns. Suddenly, about halfway up the hill, the guns stopped. Cheered, they charged up to take the guns- and the top of the ridge exploded as the last British gunner lit the fuse connected to all the remaining gunpowder stores for the siege guns.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Vilu Daskar

A Scottish army 15,000 strong marches into England.