News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Lock this topic! (By New Year's Day!)

Started by Blaggut, October 15, 2015, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 22, 2015, 02:56:14 AM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 22, 2015, 02:52:40 AM
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 22, 2015, 02:44:18 AM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 22, 2015, 01:27:51 AM
. . . . . Angle?
Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on October 22, 2015, 01:28:39 AM
Anglo, by any change?

No, it's Angle. England comes from Angle-land. An English person is properly called an Angle.

Oh, okay. I'll remember that. (I already knew that the two of you lived in England, but I didn't know what a British person is probably called. So, again, thanks.)
Not all Brits, just the English. A Scottish person is a Scot, a Welsh person is a Dragon and Irish people don't have cool names.

Poor Irish people. Thank you!

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 22, 2015, 05:07:34 PM
Harold promised William a throne that wasn't his, and he only did it to keep his head. I don't think the promise of a prisoner is enough to grant you righteous possession of a country.
Quote from: James Gryphon on October 22, 2015, 05:11:24 PM
My great ancestor said that it was rightfully his. Are you calling him a liar?
I believe the word we are looking for is "steward".
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rachel25 on October 22, 2015, 05:30:29 PM
Yeah but they have really cool accents.  ;)

Really? I've never heard one. . . .

Jetthebinturong

Irish accents are the best. I can do a really good one, probably because of my heritage.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

rachel25

Mines alright, but I do a better Scottish one. In my heritage there's English, Scottish, Irish and French. Those are the ones I know of.
Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 22, 2015, 05:38:25 PM

try and find something on YouTube.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 22, 2015, 05:40:29 PM
Irish accents are the best. I can do a really good one, probably because of my heritage.

After looking through a few videos, I'm going to say this: You're talented, then.

Quote from: rachel25 on October 22, 2015, 05:46:00 PM
Mines alright, but I do a better Scottish one. In my heritage there's English, Scottish, Irish and French. Those are the ones I know of.
Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 22, 2015, 05:38:25 PM

try and find something on YouTube.

Scottish. . . ? I did.

And because of that, I'm just. . . . Wow. Blown away. Look, Irish people with the Youtube account Facts, YOU'VE GOT THE SOUTHERN ACCENT ALL WRONG. No. Okay? Just no.

The Skarzs

Americans seem to be able to do a British/other UK accents easier than vice versa. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 22, 2015, 06:17:00 PM
Americans seem to be able to do a British/other UK accents easier than vice versa. :P
Yeah, probably because we can imitate each other's accents well. I read somewhere that the only place you can find like a true, pure American accent is the Midwestern states, like Kansas and junk. I hate the southern and northern accents, I try to be neutral. :P

I'm retired from the forum

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rachel25 on October 22, 2015, 06:05:19 PM
Did they try and do an American accent?

More than one, but yeah.

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 22, 2015, 06:21:28 PM
Yeah, probably because we can imitate each other's accents well. I read somewhere that the only place you can find like a true, pure American accent is the Midwestern states, like Kansas and junk. I hate the southern and northern accents, I try to be neutral. :P

HEY!

Søren

What? My PARENTS have accents, I just try to not use words like "Ain't" or "Y'all". (Probably because all the southerners that surround me are "Bubba"s.

I'm retired from the forum

Jetthebinturong

I disagree, I've heard actors who have bad English accents and still got jobs, I've also heard perfect American accents from Brits (like Dom Sherwood and Thomas Ridgewell/Tomska). And British accents are UK accents. What Americans mean when they say British accent is usually a southern English accent.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

rachel25

Yep. And I personally think I can do an alright American accent. From what state I don't know.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 22, 2015, 06:28:43 PM
I disagree, I've heard actors who have bad English accents and still got jobs, I've also heard perfect American accents from Brits (like Dom Sherwood and Thomas Ridgewell/Tomska). And British accents are UK accents. What Americans mean when they say British accent is usually a southern English accent.
Not all Americans mean that. I know there are very many accents in the UK, and we more of generalize because we don't necessarily know the particular name. (Cockney, Liverpool, etc.) I'm not arguing that UK peoples can't do American accents, I'm just saying that from what I've seen, other than voice actors, a normal American seems to have an easier time pulling off the others' accents. Of course, there are those in America whose accents are so strong that trying to do another accent is painful.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.