News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Lock this topic! (By New Year's Day!)

Started by Blaggut, October 15, 2015, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Banya

Roommate: *tries unsuccessfully for three minutes to open a slim jim* *gives up and tosses it at me* "Can you open this?"
Me: *opens slim jim and eats half* *tosses rest back at her*

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Banya on October 29, 2015, 09:25:43 PM
"We're gonna talk about nouns and verbs."

A noun is something you can hit, a adjective is how you hit it, and a verb is hitting it.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

The Skarzs

Quote from: Banya on October 29, 2015, 09:32:13 PM
Verb.  It's what you do.  (Was that before your time?)
The only thing I can think of is School House Rock: Verb! That's what's happening!

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on October 29, 2015, 10:23:05 PM
Quote from: Banya on October 29, 2015, 09:25:43 PM
"We're gonna talk about nouns and verbs."
A noun is something you can hit, a adjective is how you hit it, and a verb is hitting it.
No, an adjective is describing the thing hit; an adverb is how you hit it. Language right, hater.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Banya

These Verb videos used to run on TV in the summertime.  Nickelodeon showed them before and after commercials.  They'd have a different kid from somewhere around the country playing some sport: skating, surfing, kicking a ball, whatever.  I guess they stopped doing this in 2006, so you'd've had to have been watching TV before that to remember them.

James Gryphon

Exactly!

(The only thing I know about Schoolhouse Rock is that at least one of our old Archie Comics digests featured a maze that had something to do with it.)
« Subject to editing »

Banya

I've only seen a few Schoolhouse Rock videos; I didn't take English in middle school, when, I think, they showed them more frequently during grammar units.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Søren

I'm retired from the forum