Started by Blaggut, October 15, 2015, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: rachel25 on November 05, 2015, 05:27:12 PM
And the award for worst parent of literally ever goes to....Denethor!!

Oh I don't know. He might have some stiff competition with, let's see:
Ouranos (Greek mythology) (Subjugated the entire world, including his children)
Gaia (Greek mythology) (Convinced her children to kill their father)
Kronos (Greek mythology) (Ate his kids)
Zeus (Greek mythology) (Cheats on his wife. Ignores and abandons most of his mortal children, curses the rest. Forces his son (Hephaestus) and daughter (Aphrodite) into an arranged marriage (with each other). In some myths, he threw his son off Mount Olympus because he was ugly.)
Hera (Greek mythology) (In other versions of that myth, she's the one who threw their son off the mountain. That's the same son that she and Zeus forced into an arranged marriage.)
Valentine Morgenstern (The Mortal Instruments) (Experimented on his children (and other people's children) with the blood of angels and demons. Turned both his sons into killing machines (though one was too 'gentle' for his purposes), attempts to kill his son and daughter many times. And did this:

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Rusvul

I'm trying to draw a character. A tiefling, more specifically. She's supposed to have weird proportions- Mostly, legs and arms which are longer than they should be.

I'm not good at drawing anything, that applies twofold for people. I'm deliberately trying to draw a character with off proportions and I'm ending up with proportions that are too normal!

Søren

"Dear Piggy,
Thanks so much for the GoPro! No one gets me anything fun. You're so considerate!
Sincerely,
~Queen Elizabeth"

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 05, 2015, 11:15:15 PM

I'm trying to draw a character. A tiefling, more specifically. She's supposed to have weird proportions- Mostly, legs and arms which are longer than they should be.

I'm not good at drawing anything, that applies twofold for people. I'm deliberately trying to draw a character with off proportions and I'm ending up with proportions that are too normal!
Draw the body first, then draw the legs. Make them about twice the height of the body or more. Then make the arms a little shorter than the legs.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

rachel25

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 05, 2015, 10:21:20 PM
Quote from: rachel25 on November 05, 2015, 05:27:12 PM
And the award for worst parent of literally ever goes to....Denethor!!

Oh I don't know. He might have some stiff competition with, let's see:
Ouranos (Greek mythology) (Subjugated the entire world, including his children)
Gaia (Greek mythology) (Convinced her children to kill their father)
Kronos (Greek mythology) (Ate his kids)
Zeus (Greek mythology) (Cheats on his wife. Ignores and abandons most of his mortal children, curses the rest. Forces his son (Hephaestus) and daughter (Aphrodite) into an arranged marriage (with each other). In some myths, he threw his son off Mount Olympus because he was ugly.)
Hera (Greek mythology) (In other versions of that myth, she's the one who threw their son off the mountain. That's the same son that she and Zeus forced into an arranged marriage.)
Valentine Morgenstern (The Mortal Instruments) (Experimented on his children (and other people's children) with the blood of angels and demons. Turned both his sons into killing machines (though one was too 'gentle' for his purposes), attempts to kill his son and daughter many times. And did this:

True, but there's no beating the Greek lot at that sort of thing but still. He's was just a different kind of horrible to those lot. And trying to burn your son while he's still alive and unconscious is pretty bad. And telling him he's basically useless and fails at whatever he does even when he tries his hardest. And tells him he wishes he was dead instead of his brother and then sends him into a situation where he was the only one to barely survive and then did what I mentioned above.

Hickory

Denethor also happened to be paranoidially insane. (My term for "insane from paranoia")
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wylder Treejumper

Does anyone know the song "Alouette?" It's actually really creepy.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!