News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Lock this topic! (By New Year's Day!)

Started by Blaggut, October 15, 2015, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 10, 2015, 02:08:29 AM
  James isn't that determined. 10.5 posts per hour equals 252 posts per day... We'd have to nearly double the forum average posts per day (300) to actually get 1k pages. It pretty much can't happen, outside of spambots or a double-poster wasting weeks spamming towards a pointless goal...

Told you there was no hope.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Søren

This is the road to ruin
And we're starting at the end

That was fun.

What should we do next?

I'm retired from the forum

Rusvul

On the other hand, if this topic reached 1,000 pages, not only would it be right up there with Guys vs Girls, Count as high as you can before a mod posts, and Last Post Wins (all of which are hovering around 15,000 posts) it would account for 3% of the posts on this forum- all by itself. And it would account for an incredibly small portion of what has actually been communicated...

EDIT: Actually, that holds true for all of the most posted-in threads- They say the least. Oddly profound.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 10, 2015, 02:06:07 AM
How so?

*Shrugs* I dunno, it just struck me as weird.

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on November 10, 2015, 02:09:32 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 10, 2015, 02:08:29 AM
  James isn't that determined. 10.5 posts per hour equals 252 posts per day... We'd have to nearly double the forum average posts per day (300) to actually get 1k pages. It pretty much can't happen, outside of spambots or a double-poster wasting weeks spamming towards a pointless goal...

Told you there was no hope.

You two are such pessimists, can't we at least try? Come on!

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on November 10, 2015, 02:11:18 AM
This is the road to ruin
And we're starting at the end

That was fun.

What should we do next?

Yeah, it was. Hey, since you finished, why don't you pick a song? Sound good, Jet/anyone who wants to join in? (If Jet's still on. . . It's about one in the morning for him.)

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 10, 2015, 02:12:12 AM
   On the other hand, if this topic reached 1,000 pages, not only would it be right up there with Guys vs Girls, Count as high as you can before a mod posts, and Last Post Wins (all of which are hovering around 15,000 posts) it would account for 3% of the posts on this forum- all by itself. And it would account for an incredibly small portion of what has actually been communicated...

*Sighs*

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Cornflower MM

::)

EDIT: o.O Six Guests are enjoying the concert.

HEY! GUESTS! Why don't you join? You see how much fun it is here, and if you join you get the added benefit of posting. . . . Come on, you know you want to. Plus you can also help us and post in this topic.

Rusvul

Pessimism is seeing a glass as half empty when it has water up to the midway point.
Optimism is seeing a glass as half full when it has water up to the midway point.
Realism is recognizing that a glass that has water up to the 1/10th point is not, in fact, either halfway full or empty.

Sometimes I'm optimistic and/or pessimistic. Now is not one of those times.

Lady Ashenwyte

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 10, 2015, 02:17:03 AM
Pessimism is seeing a glass as half empty when it has water up to the midway point.
Optimism is seeing a glass as half full when it has water up to the midway point.
Realism is recognizing that a glass that has water up to the 1/10th point is not, in fact, either halfway full or empty.

Sometimes I'm optimistic and/or pessimistic. Now is not one of those times.

You know a better one?

An optimist sees light at the end of the tunnel
A pessimist sees a long dark tunnel.
A realist sees the light of an approaching train
And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the train tracks

Lady Ashenwyte

Cornflower MM

*Curtsies* I can't claim credit for that, but I'll be here all day!

Actually no I won't, because it's night for me.

And I still won't, because guess what? I'm getting off in six minutes.

Heehee.

Lady Ashenwyte

Cornflower MM

Lady Ashenwyte

Cornflower MM

Hmm?

Less than a minute now. Have fun, guys! *Waves* Won't see ya tomorrow, sorry.