News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Lock this topic! (By New Year's Day!)

Started by Blaggut, October 15, 2015, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

All right, we'll do my favorite Fall Out Boy song, even if you guys are tired of it. ;D

Some legends are told
some turn to dust or to gold

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

The Skarzs

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 10, 2015, 02:17:03 AM
Pessimism is seeing a glass as half empty when it has water up to the midway point.
Optimism is seeing a glass as half full when it has water up to the midway point.
Realism is recognizing that a glass that has water up to the 1/10th point is not, in fact, either halfway full or empty.

Sometimes I'm optimistic and/or pessimistic. Now is not one of those times.
See my signature. ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 10, 2015, 02:37:11 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 10, 2015, 02:17:03 AM
Pessimism is seeing a glass as half empty when it has water up to the midway point.
Optimism is seeing a glass as half full when it has water up to the midway point.
Realism is recognizing that a glass that has water up to the 1/10th point is not, in fact, either halfway full or empty.

Sometimes I'm optimistic and/or pessimistic. Now is not one of those times.
See my signature. ;D

Saw it.

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Banya

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on November 10, 2015, 02:31:17 AM
All right, we'll do my favorite Fall Out Boy song, even if you guys are tired of it. ;D

Some legends are told
some turn to dust or to gold
But you will remember me
Remember me for centuries

James Gryphon

r2qk2r/pp3ppp/1bp1bn2/3p4/3P4/1PN1n1PP/P1P1PPB1/R2Q1RK1 w kq - 1 12
« Subject to editing »

Banya

Today in Russian class I learned:
Russian bathrooms have two rooms.  There is the room with the sink and bath (the washroom), and further, the room with the toilet.  The room with the sink and bath is called a bannaya.  It's pronounced ban-ya. 
Great.

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Banya

The Russian and Turkish words for "bathroom" and "shower" are the same.  This makes memorization a little easier.

Rusvul

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on November 10, 2015, 04:08:41 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 10, 2015, 02:31:53 AM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on November 10, 2015, 02:29:34 AM
Dark Elves.
*Drow
Drizzt Do'Urden?
In the D&D game I run, we have a Drizzt. He's got a different name, and he's a Rogue, but he's the same. 'I will redeem my people and tear down the Drowish empire!'

...Funny thing, the player who plays him hasn't ever heard of Drizzt. :P

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 10, 2015, 05:48:35 AM
Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on November 10, 2015, 04:08:41 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 10, 2015, 02:31:53 AM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on November 10, 2015, 02:29:34 AM
Dark Elves.
*Drow
Drizzt Do'Urden?
In the D&D game I run, we have a Drizzt. He's got a different name, and he's a Rogue, but he's the same. 'I will redeem my people and tear down the Drowish empire!'

...Funny thing, the player who plays him hasn't ever heard of Drizzt. :P

How far is he to that goal?