News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Lock this topic! (By New Year's Day!)

Started by Blaggut, October 15, 2015, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Skyblade

I agree :(

I mean, it'll be kinda awkward when my old crush gets married. But I'll be happy for him. (Plus, I'm over him :P)

That's kind of you, James.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

James Gryphon

Well, I'm not sure why it should be. It's not like we were ever very close, and I figured out quite some years ago, on my own, that we wouldn't have been a good match anyway, so it isn't like I lost anything from their gain. She was a great girl to have a crush on, but I'm sure that things have developed for the best.

As far as her moving away and not being around now, that won't hurt much because I've had plenty of time to get used to the idea. She had already disappeared from the youth and all of that after they first started dating, so her not actually physically being at our church on Sundays or Wednesdays anymore won't feel like much of a change. ;)

I guess that my only regret is that I wish I could have taken to heart that she wasn't going to be here forever, and appreciated the time that she was a part of things here more. The same for all of our people, actually. It seems like she was a young teenager just the other day. It unsettles me to think that the kids we have now are going to be the same age after the same length of time, changing, growing up and moving away.

That's how life goes, though. Things go on around me, and I stay about the same.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

rachel25

*kills Ash and brings Hobbits back to life and takes them to a place where Ash can't go*

Lady Ashenwyte

Lady Ashenwyte

Skyblade

I'm at the point when I question the helpfulness of my words when helping others with terribly serious problems. But, I can't NOT reply to such a heartfelt reply. So here's a pitiful attempt ;)

I'm glad you at least aren't fighting the fact that she's getting married. You seem to be content (or at least trying to be), so that is good. I agree that taking time to enjoy the present is essential; that is how we live life. At the same time, though, we must look ahead to the future.

Which, to some of us, may not seem too bright. Either because of circumstances or something like depression or both. I just hope people realize that it's never too late. I mean, if you're alive, change is possible. Obviously, it's hard. I mean, I understand how hard it is. I guess that's when we need to get up and find ways to make things happen. Turn things around in our favor. Think you might need help? GET IT. Oh darn, I can't regret the times I didn't in the past. Try something different.

*Shrugs* Even if my posts don't help others, I'm glad they do help one person...myself. So they're not completely useless.

Skyblade