News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Lock this topic! (By New Year's Day!)

Started by Blaggut, October 15, 2015, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

. . . You certainly have your priorities straight, don't you?
*Coughmurderonthemeadowscough.*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

MeadowR

I keep seeing 'Murder on the Meadow(...)' come up as recently posted in on the front page for the RP forum and I'm thinking 'yikes!!!' :o
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Delthion

Sorry for my lack of posting by the way. I'll be posting today.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Did you know that every letter in Hebrew has a corresponding number? W's corresponding number is 6, so WWW is 666.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Quote from: Delthion on September 17, 2017, 11:19:56 PM
Did you know that every letter in Hebrew has a corresponding number? W's corresponding number is 6, so WWW is 666.
Good to know.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

I'm not sure that that's not an urban legend.

The Hebrews of course don't have the letter "W" as we know it in the Latin alphabet. There is a letter "Vav" (represented as "Waw" in Phoenician and Aramaic, meaning "hook") which represents the consonant [w], along with [v] and several vowels, according to Wikipedia. It is the sixth letter of the Hebrew alphabet, and it is used as a numeral. That much is true.

However, that's not how the Hebrews added their numbers together. "Vav vav vav" stands for eighteen, not six hundred sixty-six. Hebrew has other numbers that go into the hundreds and combinations are made from those; they don't use the Arabic numeral system as we know it today.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

James Gryphon

Maybe he did, but that doesn't change the Hebrew system of mathematics.
« Subject to editing »