"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Lock this topic! (By New Year's Day!)

Started by Blaggut, October 15, 2015, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Yay?

Quote from: Andy on September 29, 2017, 01:37:28 AM
I mean, I do have to agree that not a lot happens around here. Oftentimes the only threads to get new posts (except perhaps RPs or such in the boards I barely notice, admittedly) are just silly ones in the Cellars, and while there is nothing wrong with silly posts in the Cellars, it doesn't allow for much discussion of much of anything.

This place definitely has a stronger pulse than many forums, but a little more activity would definitely be nice.
Yes. As in, PEOPLE START WRITING EPIC FANFICS I CAN READ TO BIDE MY TIME UNTIL FAIY HAS TIME TO WRITE WITH ME.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

I can't write.

Quote from: Maudie on September 29, 2017, 01:48:52 AM
Guess what?

My 21-year-old sister is going on her first date tomorrow.

I always thought I would start dating before she did, but apparently not.

Who needs a boyfriend?

;D

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Rosie Willowwater

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Delthion

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 28, 2017, 09:58:45 PM
Well, to be fair, the accurate literal translation is "The only thing I know is that I know nothing." Translated idiomatically, Socrates was actually saying, "I am aware of my own ignorance."

However, "I know that I know nothing" is the popular form of that phrase- otherwise, no one would get the reference.

I understand the reference to Socrates...I didn't know that the other was a reference... ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

Huh? There was only one reference. That of Socrates saying "I know that I know nothing."
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

Delthion

BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN DEL IS SLEEPY?!!! *Insane Cackle.*

Wylder Treejumper

It just means you try to ship whatever forum member happens to be in front of you with an inanimate object. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary ;D
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Delthion

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 29, 2017, 02:16:35 AM
It just means you try to ship whatever forum member happens to be in front of you with an inanimate object. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary ;D

I've never shipped a forumite with an inanimate object! Only Groddil springs to mind with that... ;D

Want me to tell you guys the two worst ships of which I can think? Each that have vehemently opposed values and strongly back each of them?

Jetthesling
Wylderflower. ;D