Redwall Isn't Safe Anymore! (Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Part Two)

Started by Ashleg, February 18, 2016, 09:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Roscoe tried gnawing on the ropes.
"Don't worry yer...sweet likkle 'ead...I didn't see any o' that."

Groddil

Charm noticed Roscoe attempting to chew through the ropes and poked him roughly with her spear.
"Don't you dare. There's me in here with you, two guards outside, and the entire Vigil in the surrounding area. You wouldn't last five seconds. Now tell me the truth, and maybe One-Ear won't kill you."

Ashleg

Roscoe squeaked in annoyance, "Oww!" After Charm finished explaining, the weasel quit his gnawing and fixed her with a glare. "I have been tellin' yew th' truth, ya dumb riverdog." He sneered.

Groddil

"Alright then, mister insolence, one more question. When you saw the rats, where were they. Compared to now, of course."

Ashleg

Roscoe grinned snidely and stuck his tongue out at her.
"They were in th' forest, genius! Got any better questions, or are ya jus' gonna make me sit 'ere an' waste my time?"

Groddil

Charm hit Roscoe in the gut with her spearbutt.
"Where? This side o' the path? Near the Abbey? WHERE?"

Ashleg

Roscoe moaned and doubled over, tears springing unbidden to his eyes.
"F-farther away! Not by th' h'Abbey!" He blurted, bursting out crying. "What kind of horde is this, even?! I want t' go home!"

Groddil

"Oh, you poor baby. Liddle weasel that tries to attack us has a sobbing fit when the 'poor, defenseless beasts' fight back. That's how things always go for scum like you. Now, I'm going to stay right here with my spear at your neck 'til One-Ear comes back and decides if the information is good enough to let you go or not."

Ashleg

"He's gonna kill me, isn't he!"
The weasel crumpled on the ground, sobbing and weeping.

OOC-
(Let's wait for Sandy and Sagey).

Groddil

OOC: Good idea.

BIC:
"Shut up, scum. If you keep whining, I'll kill you myself."

Hickory

Trees quietly rustled as the party of four squirrels swing through the branches. Brush had picked up the trail of the traitor Damien and now they were following it. Applelad was leading, lance in paw, when he gave a yelp and grabbed a branch to stop his movement. The whole team tried to stop before they hit him, and Asher leant over next to the squirrel. "Good thing you stopped, mate. We would've fallen into that clearing."

Harnam was the first to descend into the cleared. Brush dropped from the tree next to him. "Huh, pawtracks, a scuffle. Two or three beasts."

He looked up at Asher. "Think it's the hedgehog?"

The black squirrel nodded grimly. "Only possible explanation. Applelad, you're with me. Brush, take Harnam and follow the river. If either of us find him, try and get Damien out. Alive. Kill his captors, they deserve to die. After a day, meet back at the oak, the one that's leaning to one side."

They split up and disappeared into the woodland.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

LT Sandpaw

Padding up the stairs Bracklew pushed his way sourly into the infirmary. The large room was empty and painstakingly cleaned. Glancing around Bracklew decided the Sister was absent and was about to leave when a mouse appeared from under one of the beds holding a broom.

Blowing dust of her whiskers Rayne nodded to him while putting away her broom.

"Can I help you?" The mouse asked dusting herself off.

"Paw," Bracklew grunted holding forth the swelling paw. Scolding under her breath the healer sat Bracklew down inspecting the injury gently prodding it and running her claws though the slowly swelling flesh.

"You ought to be more carful Brack, this looks bad. Did you smash it?"

"Sling clubbed it."

"Sling! You were fighting?"

"I was driving the Vigil out of Redwall." Bracklew said shortly glaring down at the bed. "And one of them clubbed my paw with his sling, that's all." Scolding under her breath Rayne continued prodding and inspecting the paw shaking her head.

"There isn't much I can do for this. You've damaged it beyond repair. I have to say once again it would be wise to remove it."

"NO!"

"Keep your voice down, as I've already been told you'd rather keep something that will do nothing but pain you, so the best I can do it put it in a cast." Nodding his consent Bracklew closed his eyes clenching his jaw. Carefully as she could Rayne fitted a cast wrapping over the damaged paw as Bracklew did his best not to flinch. When she was finished Bracklew grunted his thanks to her and disappeared leaving Rayne to clean up the extra bandages and pinesap glue. Sighing the mouse placed her extra supplies away before leaving the infirmary.

She needed to talk with Mortembell.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Grant ran up to Bracklew in the hallway.
"There you are! I got worried for a second when I looked out the window and didn't see anybeast in sight. He didn't hurt you bad, did he?" The mouse asked worriedly, glancing at Bracklew's cast.

LT Sandpaw

Shaking his head Bracklew ran his pw across the new cast. "No father, I'll live." For a moment he looked as if he was about to ask something then he changed his mind continue the conversation of his damaged paw.

"Rayne want's to amputate it still. She thinks that's best. What do you think I should do?" Bracklew hadn't come to another creature for advice beyond Petu. A feeling of uncomfortable weakness crawled up his spine as he let slip he might be confused, and hurting. Biting his lip the squirrel waited for the Abbot's answer wishing he hadn't spoken.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro