News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Forum Fan-Fic

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, April 06, 2016, 10:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Like Button" (Requested by Bonaparte)

39 (97.5%)
Dislike
1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Dannflower Reguba

I was just trying to get people to admit I was as insane as the rest of them, you can be nuts and level-headed at the same time.... Kinda... But still! Never said I was a dibbun  :P That'd be my brothers.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

Be careful what you wish for. And teasing is childish.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Lady Amber

This is great, Gonff! :D I thought this part was especially funny, seeing as Russa and I are the assistants:
QuoteHowever, it did get risky when they almost ran into Groddil and his assistants (Who each had a grasp on one of his arms, twisting him around while he pleaded for help)...

I'm seriously looking forward to the next chapter!

Wylder Treejumper

Very good, Gonff, very good! I really enjoyed the "Cellarbration". Though, think it may be premature to say Søren and V's destiny is marriage... ::)

Just a tip for those spelling and grammar mistakes: Print it and read it aloud to someone. You tend to catch things you miss on a computer when you do.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jukka the Sling

Awesome, Gonff!  I love your poem, and Wylder's, and the fact that I was telling everyone about my idea for a better school (;D), and how everyone cried about Soren and his lady except James, who had to keep up appearances.  Too funny! ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Groddil

Quote from: Lady Amber on April 18, 2016, 10:09:22 PM
This is great, Gonff! :D I thought this part was especially funny, seeing as Russa and I are the assistants:
QuoteHowever, it did get risky when they almost ran into Groddil and his assistants (Who each had a grasp on one of his arms, twisting him around while he pleaded for help)...

I'm seriously looking forward to the next chapter!

^ THIS. Seriously, this is EXACTLY how I envisaged this happening, and a kudos for that. ^

Rainshadow

I really enjoyed this chapter!  :D  I thought the poems were quite nice, and I love the fact that the only mention of me is just that I'm looking for Leatgo (and then dancing with him).  xD  Though I do have one small complaint as to my characterization:  You said that Leatgo and I put on a spectacular show of dancing, but in reality I can't dance anything other than the most basic of swing dancing.  :P  I DEMAND THAT THIS BE CHANGED IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE I AM ABSOLUTELY OFFENDED THAT YOU CHARACTERIZED ME INCORRECTLY; HOW DARE YOU DO THAT?!

;)

As for the story itself, I'm very invested in it.  I have one theory as to where the plot might go, but I'd rather not say in case I'm horribly wrong.  :P  Keep it up, though!  I wanna see if my theory's correct.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

rachel25

Loved this chapter. I was smiling for the whole thing, especially the part about me being interested in Soren's love life.  :D and also the dancing, just all in all wonderful. Can't wait for more.
Though as Skarzs mentioned, there are a few grammar and spelling mistakes but I do it as well.  :P But his suggestion about how you write your speech would help a great deal, having the action after the talking and next to it would help, and a little more action along with the talking would just fill in blind spots is all.

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 18, 2016, 10:53:22 PM
Awesome, Gonff!  I love your poem, and Wylder's, and the fact that I was telling everyone about my idea for a better school (;D), and how everyone cried about Soren and his lady except James, who had to keep up appearances.  Too funny! ;D
Also: I don't cry- and I would probably rather go and wash greasy pots than listen to Soren talk about V ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Aimless Gallivanter

This is fantastic, and I can't wait to read more :)

You're description of me being disheveled is very accurate haha.
(Did you use redwall-lyrics to find the poem I read? How did the website treat you? was it easy to use? Did you have any problems with it?)
im gay!!!!!!

Skyblade

In real life, taking care of dibbuns would not be my thing ;D Guess I underestimated the harsh work of a badgermum! ;D

Good chapter, Gonff, and I'm excited for the next. Strive to give everyone a chance under the spotlight.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on April 19, 2016, 07:30:23 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 18, 2016, 10:53:22 PM
Also: I don't cry- and I would probably rather go and wash greasy pots than listen to Soren talk about V ;D
Actually, I don't think I'd cry about Soren and V in real life either. ;D  It's still really funny, though.

Also, your post is gold. ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

I really like this one. Of course, was probably crying of laughter when Soren told us tales of him and his lady. I have no emotions.

Quote from: Skarzs on April 18, 2016, 08:30:28 PM
Quote from: Faiyloe on April 18, 2016, 07:52:10 PM
This was awesome, I agree whole heatedly on the comment on Dan being a dibbun XD And I love how you had me and Daskar fighting.  ;D and I like how Leagto intervened. Love the ester eggs too. Seriously though Ash stole our Insane asylum!  ;D :P
We shall get it back, in time. For some reason one more thing I would have liked to see, or rather, liked to have not seen, was your nudge to the events that will come after that chapter.

NEVARRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

rachel25

The only times that I cry is when I'm ill and vulnerable and watching epic films.  :P

LT Sandpaw

Yeah whatever. Ya'll were in tears, I could hear the sobbing from here. ;D

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro