News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Commentary on the Book Lord Brocktree

Started by Wylder Treejumper, September 17, 2016, 07:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shisteer of nothing much

Dotti reminds you of me? Thanks! As one of my favourite characters, it is a great honour to be compared to her.

I didn't manage to finish Lord Brocktree to Eb's siblings, unfortunately. It will happen one day, hopefully sooner, rather than later.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Rosie Willowwater

Of course!  A great character deserves to be compared to a great person.  ^-^

I hope you can finish it soon with them! What do they think of it so far? I assume they enjoy it if they allow you to keep reading it to them.  ;)

I just finished the second book, and I completely agree with everyone's comments on the part with Bucko Bigbones, the whole thing was incredibly written and I was always looking forward to getting back to Dotti and the group in their interspersed chapters.
Brocktree and Bucko Arcs
It also gave a great example of Brocktree's capabilities as a strategist and a leader, which is good to see from someone we know will fight the power of Ungatt and his horde later. Bucko's choice to join their side is a good example of such skills.
[close]

Something I really enjoy about this book (and other books) is how they are packed heavy with new and interesting characters. Even the random horde-beasts are unique and interesting!

My favorite character at this point is probably Fleetscut, despite how much every character finds him bothersome. I find myself smirking at most of his and Jukka's banter, though Dotti comes in close second as a favorite, with a more likable personality. To be fair, though, both of them do have their fair share of banter with their travelling companions, so maybe I just like the characters that annoy others.  ;D

I do have one question, and forgive my ignorance of Redwall lore. I apologize if it is common knowledge, but
Lord Stonepaw Arc
What exactly sparks bloodwrath? Does it have to be a specific kind of anger? I am sure that Stonepaw was angry at the invaders before when they marched on Salamandastron, but he didn't seem to have blood wrath at that point. And does bloodwrath make you physically stronger or just devoid of all inhibitions?
[close]