News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Doctor Who (Doo wee wooo)

Started by Edraithel, October 09, 2016, 06:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Awesome!

What'd you think of series 8?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Capaldi definitely established himself in the Doctor's character at this point. I really liked the dynamic formed between Clara and him, as an older, different Doctor.
Also, the whole story with Ashildr is interesting.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ach, Ah looked fer Doctor Vho Zeriez 11 on Amazon ze ozer day. Und Ah actually found it...Along viz zeveral ztupid und lov-ratin' revievz. Und ziz iz zummat zat iz nae e'en oot yet. Vhich meanz naybeazt 'az a copy o' it. Vhich zerefore meanz naybeazt 'az bought it und vatched it (Und it ztill bein' at Pre-Order), vhich meanz zere iz nayzin' tae rate yet. Jings, zey could at leazt vait fer a couple o' epizodez tae 'ave aired- or better yet, fer ze entire zin' tae 'ave aired firzt- afore vroitin' revievz fer ze entire zin'. Ach... *Zetz av o' ze ztupid revieverz' 'airz on fire*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jetthebinturong

Unfortunately it's something of a trend with popular things to bash it before it comes out. Like whenever Cassandra Clare announces a new book, people immediately go to the Goodreads page and leave loads of one-star reviews complaining about how she writes too much (???) and is milking the Shadowhunter world (????), even if the book isn't Shadowhunter related at all. I imagine the same principle applies here except the complaints are "#notmyDoctor, Doctor Who is dead, Chris Chibnall has ruined my childhood" and moronic things like that.

The Skarzs

Just because of a female Doctor?
Can't say I'm too keen on it myself, but it's not like it could never happen, and it seems they were leading up to it for a while. Still, they could still make her very much "The Doctor." I certainly hope so.

Wait, Cassandra Clare gets complaints for writing too much? What? Compared to Stephen King?
It's probably because they are jealous of her accomplishment. It really isn't too hard to write a lot in a day. Stephen King writes/wrote for four hours right after he wakes up, I hear.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

I mean, there's a female Master so it's really not that big of a jump to have a female Doctor. I don't really see why it's such a huge deal. :/ Silly stupid people.

Delthion

It is kinda disappointing, the doctor (in my mind.) should always be wanting to be a girl and redheaded and never actually be. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Lol.

The Doctor: "I always wanted to be a female. With hair. Not that I would be bald, but I want hair. Big and red and wonderful."
The Doctor's random regeneration genes: "Denied! You now have the body of a ten year old boy."

Heh. What if he regenerated into a very young person? Is that possible?
Also, the Master (Mistress) said the Doctor was a girl at one point in his childhood.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Nine said when he regenerated "I might have three heads, or no head." So I imagine turning into a child is not beyond the realms of possibility.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Guys.

It looks so good guys. Like dang that is some beautiful cinematography. And I'm glad that they didn't show too much. I like that they're keeping things close to the chest to compensate for the ridiculous amount of spoilers last series.

Cornflower MM

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

I've watched the full Comic Con panel and I can say that I am absolutely confident that Jodie's Doctor and this series are going to be

I mean I thought it would be before, but I was made slightly apprehensive by the teaser trailer, which was terrible (like honestly, who chose to centre a Doctor Who teaser around food?). But those fears have been completely allayed.

The Skarzs

Maybe that'll be her quirk? Like Peter Capaldi's thing with guitars and sunglasses, or Matt Smith's bowties and hats.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.