News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Red Waters, Almond Eyes (Sandpaw vs Ashleg)

Started by LT Sandpaw, October 23, 2016, 10:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

"Sagitar - Impossible, there is no feasible way she survived, Vilu himself pursued her. That's why I ain't full o' arrows you daft, witless, incompetent..." Ublaz's stream of insulted faded off as he crested the dune's summit, seeing for himself the return of his leading rat officer. Surprised as he was, Ublaz wasted no time in gawking, retreating swiftly out of sight.
"Guja, new orders. Gather ten beasts with you and go meet them, bring her and those two here. Understand, well move about it quickly, I haven't all season."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Guja nodded, turning his back to Ublaz as soon as he was given the order to get ten creatures.
And thank goodness for it, too, because the pine marten would not have been very happy if he found out about the huge smirk on Guja's face.
Being insulted only to be proven right greatly amused the rat, and he ran off to search the crew with a new kind of snarky confidence.
"You three...an' you group there, come with me, we 'aveta bring Sagitar 'ere."

LT Sandpaw

Seemingly resigned to her fate, Sagitar walked on heavy paws, dragging at her assassins-in-arms in a show of discontent. Taking no time to not bemoan her current situation, which came in a steady torrent of oaths and self pitying. Only when eleven beasts made a move towards them did she consider the lives of somebeast other then herself, and even then it was far more cynical and crafty then actual concern.
"Ah see, they're coming to slay us, I told ye Ublaz w'know. Ye ought ta leave me 'ere to die an' run back to that fortress o' yers. I'm thinkin' Vilu w'be kinder to ye then Ublaz. I'll slow 'em down ye know, they'll stop to see 'oo I am an' such."

Ashleg

Though Redpaw appeared unmoved, Frogear found the idea very appealing. He thought it would be best to crawl back to Vilu than die here or be captured, especially as Guja and the group got closer.
"I'm goin'," he said in a hurry, pelting off in the opposite direction.

Redpaw spat after him. "I allus knew 'e was a coward. Ole mucker deserves whatever he'll get back there..."

His speech fell short, for Guja and his ten-beast-army had arrived and encircled them.
"Wot's goin' on 'ere, eh, Sagitar?" snickered Guja. "Got yerself in a bit of a pickle with yer new mate? Ublaz wants t' speak t' you."

LT Sandpaw

"Yeah that I 'ave, who're ye again?" Sagitar sneered to Guja, stepping away from Redpaw and indicating the rat pirate with her paw. "This'n is one be Vilu's, an' he's 'ere to kill lord Ublaz, but I scared th' other one off see." This wasn't exactly true, but surely these trident rats and corsairs would believe her over Redpaw.

Ashleg

"Really, aye? Yew scared 'im?" sneered Guja, ignoring the female's question about who he was.
He prodded Redpaw in the chest. "This'n 'ere don't look very scared t'me. If anything, you look more scared, Sagitar..."

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I keep forgetting about this. Sorry.
We ought to have them fight here pretty soon.

IC:

"I ain't scared yew little mouse," Sagitar growled insultingly. "Th' only reason e' inn't soilin' 'Imself is cause e' don't have enough o' a brain t' figure out 'ow much trouble e's in. Kinda like ye actually."

Ashleg

"Like ME?!" Guja growled, brandishing his weapon.
He advanced on Sagitar, his rat tail flicking wildly. Like a whip.
"Why don't ye say that t' my face, you lousy addlebrain?"

LT Sandpaw

Placing her paws on her hips Sagitar stood her ground, staring Guja down. "Yew don' hardly 'ave the brains ta breathe on yer own volition blunder paws. If'n ye fergot to concentrate fer half a second ye'd turn blue n' pass out."

Ashleg

"I'll kill ya fer that!" Guja cried, and he charged at Sagitar.
"Ublaz will get y' if'n I don't, coward, jus' yew wait!"

The rat aimed a cut at his opponent's side.

LT Sandpaw

Unarmed and not in any position to fight off Guja the trident rat commander broke into a retreat crashing into Redpaw. She hadn't expected Guja to actually attack her, and she held up her paws floundering on the ground, panic raising the pitch of her voice.
"Quarter mate don' do it, I call quarte- agh." Sagitar moaned in pain as Guja's sword sank into her side. The wound wasn't fatal, but blood splattered onto the sands and her pirate rags stained crimson.

Ashleg

Redpaw stumbled and fell, but Guja's mind wasn't on him.
It was on Sagitar.
Sneering, he stood over her and gloated.
"You call quarter? Ha, that's funny innit. Maybe I'll get more respect from Madeyes after this."

LT Sandpaw

Putting pressure on the wound Sagitar squirmed on her back at Guja's footpaws. For the second time that day she had to beg for her life, or demand it. She was Ublaz's strong left paw after all, she barely even knew who this upstart was.
"Yer gonna get nothing but th' eyes or th' sword ye boatscum. Madeyes wouldn' want me dead an' when I report ye to him ye'll get it then!"
She twisted her head around to the pirates and trident rats that had accompanied Guja. "Seize him lads, grab Redpaw too an' take their weapons. I'll make sure Ublaz knows about yer loyalty."

Ashleg

"Heh, there ain't no need fer that funny stuff," said Guja as he backed up.
Redpaw glared daggers at Sagitar.
She was supposed to be the one dying! Had Vilu sent him to his death?
Knowingly, he thought with a bitter frown as the pine marten's creatures grabbed him.

LT Sandpaw

"Glad we could come t'a consensus mate." Sagitar allowed one of her trident rats to pull her upright and press some makeshift bandages into the would. She tried not to wince at the stinging pain, unwilling to give Guja the satisfaction.
"So, Guja. Wot were yer orders from th' madeyes? Are ye supposed to bring us before 'Im, cause I know a few things that he'd like to hear."