Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corporal Firalay

Hmm... is the server down or is it just my Internet?
"My Horde is mighty, my Horde is fearless, shudder under the gaze of Viskata Tatt - fear my name!" -Viskata Tatt
Read the whole story at: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=3660.0

Gears

If any one was on at night, sorry guys. My dad closed the lid of my pc, which put it to sleep. I have it so the screen goes off after two minutes, so i'm not sure why he closed it, i'll talk to him though. :)
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Gears

Alright guys, sorry for any double posting, but recently someone addressed me of the issue of discovery. If we have warps, people can teleport around and not get the complete RP feel. But if we remove warps, it will be REALLY tough to get the admins places fast in case of trouble. So, i have come up with an idea! Coordinates!
This way, when someone is in trouble, we can use the /tp (coords) (coords) command, which is available for ops only. So, if you guys stumble upon an area (redwall, for instance) would you so kindly add it to the list? Just say the name of the place, and then say the x coordinate, and the y coordinate. That way people can still walk and find it, but they can't tele and cheat. :)

To find the coords of an area, press "f3" and they will pop up. Then write them down and i'll add them to the front page! This will be a key part in roleplaying and exploration, along with riddle solving. Example:

X: 12345
Y: -12345
That's all you need guys. Thanks alot! and when i get my new pc, expect some devilish riggles. >:)

Dannflower Reguba

errr..... does this mean we can't tp anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!? That's too important!!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on December 13, 2012, 01:48:52 AM
errr..... does this mean we can't tp anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!? That's too important!!
haha! Admins will be able to tp to coords and people, but normal people will no longer have the ability to warp/teleport. :)

Matthias720

There is another alternative for non-admins. There is a mod called Rei's Minimap, that allows you to set waypoints that only you can see. It's a great way to set points of interest that you can revisit later.

Gears

Quote from: Matthias720 on December 13, 2012, 02:21:05 AM
There is another alternative for non-admins. There is a mod called Rei's Minimap, that allows you to set waypoints that only you can see. It's a great way to set points of interest that you can revisit later.
That is true! But then everyone has to have the mod... :/

Matthias720

Not true. I have it on my copy of Minecraft and it works fine on the server. :)

Gears

Quote from: Matthias720 on December 13, 2012, 02:29:37 AM
Not true. I have it on my copy of Minecraft and it works fine on the server. :)
Whoops! Haha! Yeah, that would be cool!

Dannflower Reguba

Not good! I do a lot of the TPing not only for myself, but to get others to places they haven't been.  :'(

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Corporal Firalay

Quote from: danflorreguba on December 13, 2012, 02:36:54 AM
Not good! I do a lot of the TPing not only for myself, but to get others to places they haven't been.  :'(
Since this is a role playing server, the whole mess around on creative, build and get comfortable regime won't be around forever. People will start, at Redwall, with nothing... virtually nothing... and have to discover things, make friends and enemies in the tradish Redwall way. Right now we're just building stuff from the books really to prep the map :)

I can't wait for the Role playing to start! :DDD
"My Horde is mighty, my Horde is fearless, shudder under the gaze of Viskata Tatt - fear my name!" -Viskata Tatt
Read the whole story at: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=3660.0

Gears

Quote from: Corporal Firalay on December 13, 2012, 05:27:46 AM
Quote from: danflorreguba on December 13, 2012, 02:36:54 AM
Not good! I do a lot of the TPing not only for myself, but to get others to places they haven't been.  :'(
Since this is a role playing server, the whole mess around on creative, build and get comfortable regime won't be around forever. People will start, at Redwall, with nothing... virtually nothing... and have to discover things, make friends and enemies in the tradish Redwall way. Right now we're just building stuff from the books really to prep the map :)

I can't wait for the Role playing to start! :DDD
This is EXACTLY what is gonna happen. :) Sorry, but yeah, the building and make yourself comfortable wont last forever. :/

Dannflower Reguba

But we aren't even near completion! It took me somewhere around TWEWNTY minutes to get to something my friend was working on! And I was FLYING!

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on December 13, 2012, 04:15:12 PM
But we aren't even near completion! It took me somewhere around TWEWNTY minutes to get to something my friend was working on! And I was FLYING!
I didn't take it away yet. XD

Dannflower Reguba