Duel: Battle of the Servus Navis (completed)

Started by KitrallStreamrippler, April 03, 2013, 05:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

On the swaying deck of the Servus Navis, Kosta the ferret stood facing Captain Melstrom. She glared at her captain and spat on the deck contemptuously. "Yew ain't a proper cap'n, Engis. Ye don' 'ave the guts to lead dis crew." Ignoring the chained slaves around her and the sounds of the rowers below, she waited sullenly for a response.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Norham Waterpaw

Captian Engis Melstrom, turned about to face his opponent, it was Kosta. They had had many disputes, but none like this before. Melstrom began swirling his flail. It's trident shaped end hummed in the wind. He advanced on Kosta, yelling. "This is my crew, my ship, and I say who lives and who dies, today, you die!"
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Thomas Barkshield

Tom was cutting the chains of the slaves below. He just hoped the blade would be sharp enough to face any opponents.

KitrallStreamrippler

Kosta laughed. "What guts ye do 'ave are yeller. Don' believe me? 'Ere, I'll show ye!" She snarled as she leapt forward, slashing at Engis with her cutlass.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Norham Waterpaw

Engis lashed down hard with his tri-flail. It narrowly missed Kosta, but it hit her blade, sending it sliding across the deck. He drew back to lash again....
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

KitrallStreamrippler

Kosta's paw was stinging, but she acted quickly, darting in with her dagger while Engis was drawing back his flail. She struck at his throat, aiming to kill.

Norham Waterpaw

Engis saw the dagger coming, he dodged, but Kosta hit his shoulder. He leaped a few feet away, trying to stop the flow of blood. He twirled his flail to keep his gaurd up while he bit off some of his coat, sticking it onto his wound. He began with full force again, swinging in a figure eight pattern, slowly advancing once more.

Thomas Barkshield

Tom heard commotion on the deck. He went up and saw two vermin fighting...

KitrallStreamrippler

This brief respite gave Kosta the time to pick up her sword, and a belaying pin that was lying on the deck. She rushed forward, thrusting the belaying pin into the way of Melstrom's flail. The flail wrapped around the pin and she yanked hard while thrusting with her dagger- she had very foolishly put away her cutlass.

Norham Waterpaw

Engis evaded the dagger,but did not see the pin. The flail was yanked free from his paw. He was stunned momentarily, but reached down to his belt and unhooked his battleaxe, bringing the flat down on Kosta's unprotected back.

Thomas Barkshield

Tom saw the captains back and made a lunge for it, shouting Redwallllllllll!

KitrallStreamrippler

Kosta went down, wincing as she hit the deck. A thousand curses on that blasted captain- she had lost her dagger this time. At least she had succeeded in separating him from his flail.

Norham Waterpaw

Engis' life was saved by his axe. Thom's sword pinged off the flat of the axe. Engis ducked and rolled. Now there were two beasts to take care of.

Thomas Barkshield

Lady luck was not on his side, he had lost any surprise he had.

KitrallStreamrippler

Kosta rolled away from Melstrom and stood further down the deck. She saw him fall, and waved her cutlass in a hurried greeting to the creature standing behind him. "Ahoy! Looks like we got a common enemy: what say ye to a truce?" She called, taking a moment to look for her dagger. It must have gone overboard- she couldn't see it anywhere...