News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Duel: "Sanguine Shores" (Completed)

Started by KitrallStreamrippler, September 21, 2013, 06:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Darn she thought. Her strike was diverted and she went in to a defensive stance taking a quick step back wards but then lunging forwards just as quickly aiming for maxes sword arm.   

OOC: That was fine. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Oh, good. I usually avoid autos, and when I can't, I make it something small.

BIC: Max began to smile as Tarragon stepped back into a defensive stance, but it quickly turned to a grimace of pain when the otter lept forward again, bringing her blade across Max's sword arm. Taking a few quick steps back- retreating, some might make the mistake of calling it- Max sheathed her cutlass and took a glance at her injury. It wasn't too serious, though it could become a problem later without proper treatment. The wildcat clenched her fists and shifted her center of balance, getting into a boxing stance (well, a fist-fighting stance anyway).

"All righ', Miss Tarragon: you drew first blood. But I'm not givin' up because of a scratch. Go ahead'n keep yer blade- ye'll definitely need it now."

Though Max was a fairly good swordsbeast, she was at her best when unarmed. Unencumbered by armor or weapons, she was quick, agile, and deadly.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Faiyloe

Tarragon was a little confused as she watched max sheath her sword Was she just giving up. Then when Max went into a boxing stance she began to get nervous not because she couldn't win but because she felt she had way to much of an advantage but if she put her weapon away she would surly lose. The truth was that Tarragon was no boxer.

She clenched her teeth and lunged at Max aiming for her middle. At the last minute she moved her raper down and aimed at her legs instead.           

KitrallStreamrippler

Max dodged to one side as the point of Tarragon's rapier flashed towards her abdomen, but was not in time to prevent it from piercing her footpaw. Her ears flattened in pain, but she used the opportunity to aim a left cross at Tarragon's jaw.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Faiyloe

Tarragon was used to blocking attacks with her rapier not dodging blows. She swung her rapier up instinctively at maxes paw and jumped back. She stumbled on the shifting sand and falling on her back.     

KitrallStreamrippler

Fortunately, it was the flat of Tarragon's blade that struck Max's paw. If it had not been so, the damage would be quite severe. Even as it was, the blow had been strong enough that she would probably have a bruise later. When Tarragon fell, Max stepped up quickly and moved to place a footpaw firmly on the otter's sword arm, wincing as sand entered her wounded paw.

Faiyloe

Tarragon Griped the handle of her rapier to keep from letting go. Then she kicked out with her foot paws at the cats stomach and threw a paw full of sand in her face with her free arm.

KitrallStreamrippler

Max, who had been leaning down to give Tarragon a punch intended to knock her out, was caught completely by surprise. The otter's paws slammed into her stomach and sand flew into her eyes. Breathless, blinded and driven backwards, she was the one to lose her footing. She fell on her back and, hoping that Tarragon would need a few seconds to recover as well, pawed sand out of her eyes.

Faiyloe

Tarragon rolled over and jumped up. Then she turned back and leaped over to stand behind Max'es head. This position gave her the advantage Max couldn't throw sand at her as easily or kick but in the process of gaining the advantage but she had lost time allowing Max to recover. She pointed her rapier at her and said "Weren't expecting that were you,"

KitrallStreamrippler

Max felt Tarragon come to stand behind her, and knew that the otter's blade was probably within a few inches of her neck. Her fur stood on end and the back of her neck prickled. When she spoke, the wildcat's cheerful tone belied her nervousness.

"T'be honest, I wasn'. Yer quite a swordsbeast, Miz Tarragon. But not all fights're won with blades."

Suddenly, Max tucked into a forward roll and popped up to her paws a few feet away, turning to face Tarragon. She flashed a grin at her opponent and lunged forward to deliver a jab to the side of the otter's face.

Faiyloe

"Aye sand comes in handy toouf," She had dodged to the side but wasn't fast enough she felt a bolt of pain as her opponents fist came in contact with her left shoulder. She stumbled to the side and swung her rapier at Maxes leg. 

KitrallStreamrippler

Max, caught off-balance when her fist hit a glancing blow instead of connecting solidly, pitched forward. Tarragon's blade slashed across her legs as she fell on top of the otter. Quickly, she straddled her opponent and grabbed for her sword paw.

Faiyloe

Tarragon dropped her rapier and avoiding the grab she reached over and grabbed Maxes arm (the one she was using to prop he self up with) in tending to flip her over on to her back by pulling her arm out from under her and kicking with her foot paws at the same time.     

KitrallStreamrippler

When Tarragon dropped her rapier and reached for Max's arm, she simply dropped her full weight onto the otter. She hoped to simultaneously pin down her opponent and prevent herself from being put in a more vulnerable position.

OOC: In martial arts, I learned this move where if you're sitting on the other person and they go to knock your arm out so you fall, you just bring your elbow down on them with all your weight behind it. It's pretty cool. ^-^ I figured Max probably doesn't know martial arts, though. ;D

Faiyloe

Tarragon let forth a whoosh of air as max came down on her winding her. she was filled with a panicky sensation like she was drowning. She thrashed out desperately in any way she could to get the cat off as she gasped for air.