News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Duel: "Sanguine Shores" (Completed)

Started by KitrallStreamrippler, September 21, 2013, 06:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

Max tapped the otter lightly on her jaw, in a sensitive, "knockout spot". Then she stood and reached out a paw to Tarragon.

"Are ye all righ'? I mean, I 'ope I wasn' suffocatin' ye."

Aye, she was concerned about her opponent- why wouldn't she be? The otter obviously had a grand future ahead of her, and Max didn't want that to be snuffed out like it was nothing. Then again, she waned her own future to remain intact as well, which is why she was alert and cautious. If Tarragon tried to attack after being helped up, the wildcat would be ready for it.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Faiyloe

Tarragon took Maxes paw and allowed her to help her up. She was a bit puzzled by this action but she didn't much care any more she picked up her rapier and tried to regain her breath. In a somewhat croaking voice she said "Why did you do that?"
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

KitrallStreamrippler

Why indeed. Max wondered for a moment herself. She could have simply laid on the otter until she was unconscious, and prevented bloodshed that way. So it wasn't just about life. What, then? Max spoke slowly, trying to order her thoughts as she did so.

"Fer a few reasons, I s'pose. ...I knew I'd won. Killin' ye or knockin' ye out wouldn' profit anybeast. 'Twould just make us enemies. And... I could feel ye gettin' scared, an' I wasn' gonna use that. No 'arfway decent beast would. Besides, yer a real good beast, fer all ye set me up as an enemy when ye first saw me. ...Cap'n Tarragon, I release ye from th' conditions of th' duel. Yer talents an' crew shouldn' be wasted in th' northern wastelands fer a whole season."

Max bowed politely and threw off a respectful salute before turning to leave.

OOC: Wow. Sorry, that is a lot of words. Max has always been chatty. Sort of a soapbox character, I guess.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Faiyloe

"Wait," Tarragon said. She rubbed her shoulder then reluctantly she continued she found it hard to say what she was about to say and not because she had just had the wind knocked out of her "I recognize you as a good creature now. An' I would be horned if you were to join my crew. Maybe I could even give you some pointers in fencing."     

KitrallStreamrippler

Max froze in surprise, then turned slowly. "Ye'd let me join yer crew?" A wide grin spead across her face and she saluted again. "I'd love ter be a part o' yer crew, Cap'n. An' I gladly accept yer kind offer o' helpin' sharpen my bladework."

Faiyloe

Tarragon sighed and gave a lopsided smiled. "Aye I am glad that we are no longer enemy's. My ship The Sea Skipper's back that a ways," She said indicating back the way she had come. She tuned to see three otters approaching at a run they must have seen the tail end of the fight. Tarragon sheathed her Rapier and waved reassuringly. "Here comes some of my crew,"       

KitrallStreamrippler

Max faced the three otters and nodded, giving a friendly smile. Then, her wounded footpaw twinged, reminding her that she had injuries to see to. "Excuse me cap'n- do I 'ave permission t'go onboard an' find th' sickbay? Ye gave me some good scratches. Nothin' too serious, but I'd rather take care of 'em before they get infected."

Faiyloe

The Otters looked puzzled Tarragon tuned to them and said "Take yer new ship mate here back to the Ship for patching up," A look of surprise and utter bafflement spread across the faces of the three crew members. "I'll explain latter. Now that's an order!" She winced and touched her shoulder "Should probably go there to and see the this here solder. Don't know how long it will be till I can climb the rigging again," They started to head down the beach. Tarragon looked up at max and said "I am glad to have you as an enemy no longer... Matey"

OOC: This is fun it makes a good story maybe we should do something else with Tarragon and Max sometime.     

KitrallStreamrippler

Max laughed. "Aye. Fer more'n one reason- yer a formidable enemy, cap'n, an' I like 'avin' all me skin attached."

OOC: Another RP with Tarragon and Max sounds great! For now though, I'm going to add "completed" to the end of their first adventure. Thanks for the fun, mate! ;D

Faiyloe

OOC: Thanks I enjoyed it two. I was thinking that Max would eventually become the first mate on The Sea Skipper if yer willin'.

KitrallStreamrippler