News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

School Projects (And other assorted stuff)

Started by Dannflower Reguba, January 16, 2018, 05:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

I don't know how much I've shared what I do at college (or even that I'm IN college), but I know I've NEVER shown my work. I'm in DMT (Digital Media Technology), which means that my training is primarily for videography (plus all the varieties of editing that go with it, but you get the point). I haven't had the chance to make much in terms of serious content, but I thought this particular exercise we did for Motion advanced (IE, motion graphics class, but with Adobe After Effects instead of Apple Motion). BEAR IN MIND, we're going over the basics, so it's nothing fancy, nor is there any particular topic of conversation so the doing of the words in a verbal format was not top priority of list the yeah... :P

Again, nothing special, but it's an inkling about what I do. I might share some of my more serious or at least DEVELOPED content later, still thinking about it.

EDIT: Ayyyyy, top comment on BOTH pages  >:D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Witessss

the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

The Witessss

ah! you curl it up like my dad tried one time and my mom almost killed him! (not really, obviously)

Dannflower Reguba

:D Indeed, that is me. Thank you, I try, but the credit goes to the sentience of the 'stache. I just help it out a bit here and there  ;) (gotta keep as much of that mug covered as possible!)

Poor guy, curly 'stache is the way to go.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Witessss

my dad has the full beard of many colors and the mustache and the everything, and one day he came down the stairs in attempt to kiss her (and to see if she noticed his 'stache) and she noticed it immediatly and sent him right back up to fix it. yeah, it did look terrible on him.

Dannflower Reguba

SECOND SHARE! Okay, disclaimer time: This project is a year old, it was used with a school-provided camera which is inferior to the one I now own (School: 70D - 77D | Me: 80D [Much bigger difference than you'd think]). I also have an L-series lens, something the school camera's do not have, so I have that massive advantage as well. This is all to say that the footage will be significantly lower quality since I couldn't shoot 60 frames in 1080P on a 70D (and with no gimbal, so expect screen shake)... Also, the writing is a 'lil cheesy, but I digress.

The Witessss

Tungro

Dannflower Reguba

No, I was the camera man, and the one speaking. Those are/were fellow students in DMT.

321tumbler

That stache makes life worth living. I appreciate it very much.

As far as the videos go, they're cool. In the first one, the fact that you're just having a casual conversation helps the effects be more important and interesting. Even though the writing in the second one might be a little cheesy, it delivers the point well in my humble opinion. (I also like the "Count It All Joy" poster thing in the background of the first one.)

What do you plan on doing with your degree?

Dannflower Reguba

Aww gee thanks  ^-^ I was super excited when I saw the board sitting in front of the fireplace because I knew it would set up a perfect interview lower thirds. As for the second video, it was a very serious project, and suicide is a topic I hold close at heart (so much so that I made a second video on it, which I guess I'll share). At the time, that was pretty good for my level, and I was quite proud of the end product. As for my plans, I'm unsure yet, but that's the great thing about DMT, I'm SUPER flexible (I could work for practically anyone, OR be a freelancer). All I know is that my end goal career wise is something that lets me tell a story seriously.

Disclaimer: Second suicide vid, though most people miss that the first time through. Camera's mine this time, and there are a couple of visual effects, but the dialogue audio is garbage. Even cheesier writing, like, really bad. However, I absolutely love it once it switches tracks at the end (the transitions in general went fantastically), the close was perfect, and I fell in love with the name due to what its' all supposed to convey. In the end, I'm really happy with it in the context of the project being a 1 minute shot montage transformed into something entirely different. On the flip side, I really want to re-make it later on with better writing and ADR'd (Audio Dialogue Replacement) audio so I could make it a legit short film instead... I think it could be so much better.

Tungro

Looks pretty cool, how did you make the chess peaces move on there own?

Dannflower Reguba

"Pieces" "their" - Fishing line, fishing line, one x one Lego planks (more like sticks), fishing line.

The Witessss