News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Liberty's Kids

Started by Tungro, March 03, 2019, 08:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

YAY! *throws confetti* Now I can watch Liberty's Kids forever!

Banya

for forty episodes :'D

Tungro

To true :P
Does anyone wish they did another season of some other major U.S. event?

Banya

That's a good question... I've always been fascinated with the Great Depression and the Prohibition era so I'd tune in to that. I'd also watch a season on immigrants settling the Midwest.

Tungro

The Civil War would be cool too but it could be easily biased...

Banya

I don't think biased is the right term - there's only one side the protags can be on. It had crossed my mind too and could be really interesting but I don't know how good a story they could make out of it. Unlike the Revolutionary War, the Civil War didn't take place in the protag's backyards - most battles were in the south, so the kids wouldn't have much to do with the soldiers except for sacrifices made at home. That is if they were northerners; they might have to make the kids southerners who morally agree with the union, but how realistic is that? I guess you could make an informative and interesting narrative out of assisting with the Underground Railroad.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Banya on March 30, 2019, 06:46:00 PM
I don't think biased is the right term - there's only one side the protags can be on. It had crossed my mind too and could be really interesting but I don't know how good a story they could make out of it. Unlike the Revolutionary War, the Civil War didn't take place in the protag's backyards - most battles were in the south, so the kids wouldn't have much to do with the soldiers except for sacrifices made at home. That is if they were northerners; they might have to make the kids southerners who morally agree with the union, but how realistic is that? I guess you could make an informative and interesting narrative out of assisting with the Underground Railroad.
That would cool.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

clunylooney

OMG I forgot about this! Oh it's so cringy! When I was in 5th grade, our teacher played us an episode of this every day because our topic was on the revolutionary war. Both my classmates and I liked it, but it was very cringy. The french kid is the worst offender IMO because it's such a bad french accent combined with an annoying kid voice. Other than that, the show was alright.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Verdauga

Though, for a cartoon, it was rather informative. I enjoyed it.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Verdauga on June 09, 2020, 02:23:21 PM
Though, for a cartoon, it was rather informative. I enjoyed it.
Agreed.^

I'm surprised that so many people here have watched 'em. XD
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Ally046

Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco