News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

What job do you really want?

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, March 05, 2019, 07:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luckyjack

I always wanted to be a pro gamer and earn money while playing games.

shisteer of nothing much

Locksmithing would be fun and it is an option open to me. I would also like to be a writer but at the moment, that's more of a hobby. I could potentially do other kinds of writing like journalism or something. Ideally though, I'll have children and homeschool them so that might be a full time job. I guess I'll leave it up to God for the ultimate decision making and, in the mean time, learn whatever I can.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Either a gunsmith or an interpreter. But I don't want to plan the future much, because anything can happen. Like Shisteer, I'll leave it up to God.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

Interpreting would be an interesting job. What languages do you know?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Not very many, I'm afraid. I'm not quite sure I'm "cut-out" to be an interpreter, but I enjoy researching the etymology of words, the roots of many English words, and where they come from. Just from what I've heard, it can be difficult to find a good language teaching program that isn't a brick-and-mortar school.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Jarky Thistlebrush

The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Verdauga

Do you want to branch out from writing Redwall and Rangers Apprentice-inspired books?

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jarky Thistlebrush

Quote from: Verdauga on October 10, 2019, 03:10:31 PM
Do you want to branch out from writing Redwall and Rangers Apprentice-inspired books?
I've already started writing an original fantasy book.
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jarky Thistlebrush

shisteer of nothing much

Oh.  :(

I've done a little bit of writing besides Ranger's Apprentice and Redwall too. I ran our homeschool group newspaper for about six months (I was the only one who ever did anything for it so it kind of died) and I've written a couple of original short stories. I also work as my younger sister's scribe when she gets an idea for a story.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Long-term, I would like to be an author and editor. But I would like to work in Hobbiton for a while as well. ^-^
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

clunylooney

I want any job that has anything to do with history.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Tungro

Quote from: clunylooney on February 14, 2021, 06:29:05 PM
I want any job that has anything to do with history.
What aspects are you mainly interested in?