News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulTheMarlfox

God of thunder gets defeated by some electricity. Makes total sense it is just dumb.
"What... is the in flight speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
-Monty Python And The Holy Grail

The Grey Coincidence

Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: PaulTheMarlfox on June 05, 2019, 04:42:00 PM
God of thunder gets defeated by some electricity. Makes total sense it is just dumb.

I mean the device could easily be injecting a paralytic into the bloodstream. Also has Thor ever displayed an immunity to electricity? He can control it, but that doesn't automatically mean he's immune.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Delthion

The whole channeling lightening through his body in Ragnarok would seem to suggest an immunity to electricity.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Grey Coincidence

PaulTheMarlfox

Who knows! I mean if Thor's electricity is a different frequency, then does that mean it's weaker? If he channels that electricity through his body nicely and gets defeated by more electricity, I think he either has a limit or his is weaker and thus cannot control the other electricity. (Sorry for the long conspiracy theory!)
"What... is the in flight speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
-Monty Python And The Holy Grail

The Grey Coincidence

Ooooor he is only resistant to high voltages.l

Jetthebinturong

So... Far From Home. They did it again. How I felt about Endgame? Same stuff here. The second half of the movie is one of the best hours of footage produced by the MCU, but the first half is generic, mediocre schlock. I could point out to you the exact moment the film goes from mediocre to great. But the end result is a very high-end-of-middling film.

Now I think it's time to update my ranking. I still have not seen Hulk, Iron Man 3, or the first two Captain Americas.

18. Iron Man 2
17. Thor
16. The Avengers
15. Ant-Man and the Wasp
14. Captain Marvel
13. Ant-Man
12. Doctor Strange
11. Age of Ultron
10. Guardians of the Galaxy
9. Far From Home
8. Civil War
7. Guardians 2
6. Iron Man
5. Infinity War
4. Ragnarok
3. Spider-Man Homecoming
2. Black Panther
1. Endgame

FFH has TWO after-credits scenes, so stay right to the end. Trust me, you want to see them both.

Delthion

I differ with you slightly about Far From Home, it's definitely my favorite Marvel movie to date.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Spoiler

I found a lot of the early humour cringey - the main teacher guy should've honestly been fired he was so incompetent, so that made his character unbelievable to me. And I don't like the Happy/May stuff.

Also I spent the first hour of the movie waiting for the other shoe to drop, because I knew Beck was the villain, and that the monsters were illusions already, purely by virtue of it being a story about Mysterio, who if you know anything about him, you know that he's a villain who uses illusions. And I didn't find the story of the fake monsters that interesting, or the action that great.

But I do stand by that literally everything from the facade at the bar dropping is a complete masterwork of cinema. It's just a shame I found the first half so unengaging.
[close]

Delthion

Spoiler
I came in knowing nothing about Mysterio, but I did have my suspicions about him the entire time, and as soon as they defeated the fire beast I knew. Also, I find the Happy/May stuff really charming. I find the teacher funny because the entire trip is like a really badly botched field trip, I've been on plenty of those. (Seriously, once we went to a lake to study the marine life there, and when we got there it turned out that it had been drained to repair the dam near there. ;D
[close]

The Skarzs

The temptation to open those is real.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tungro

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tungro

Meh, just expose the villain and a bunch of other stuff I don't understand (probably will when I watch it), which Jet said was pretty obvious (though Del said it wasn't)