News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

What do you think about zoos?

Started by Izeroth, December 24, 2014, 01:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are zoos good?

Yes
7 (30.4%)
No
1 (4.3%)
Sometimes
15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Maudie

India is in Asia, not China. I believe li'l brother is in some way connected to India. ;)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Mask

Calm your farms ladies. I've been to both India on China.  Actually we were in China for a few days on our way to India.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Delthion

How can you be in China on your way to China?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Amber

Quote from: Delthion on December 25, 2014, 02:40:06 PM
How can you be in China on your way to China?
Yeah, I know. Maybe it was a typo.

The Mask

I'm a magical llama who can do that. Don't question it.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

Lady Amber

The Mask

Søren

Quote from: The Mask on December 25, 2014, 10:17:04 PM
I'm a magical llama who can do that. Don't question it.
HAHAHAH, anyway.
Did the zoo you went to resemble the one in the movie Life of Pi?

I'm retired from the forum

The Mask

OOOOH! Interesting fact, the school they show in the beginning, my cousin used to go there.

MeadowR

As long as the cages are a good size, the animals are treated well and there's the conservation (and education) behind it, zoos can be a positive thing. Still, some places I've seen animals in I have felt very sorry for them. One place had a, not huge, glass cage for a snow leopard and everyone was snapping away with their cameras with the flash on and it really didn't feel comfortable. I guess safari parks are better in some ways for more roam land. Zoos must just ensure the animals get the very best for their needs, and if they're not, then they should be moved to somewhere they will feel better.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Søren

Quote from: The Mask on December 26, 2014, 10:02:37 PM
OOOOH! Interesting fact, the school they show in the beginning, my cousin used to go there.
Really? That's pretty cool! Did you get to see it?

The Mask

Lady Ashenwyte

I have been to the Singapore Zoo, Night Safari and River Safari. The animals live in enclosures and there are relatively few bars. But one of the white tigers died recently. *sob*. My mum recalls from her childhood that there was a zoo in India and all the animals were starving and malnourished and the cages were made of only iron and in the hot indian summer, ouch.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Søren

Quote from: The Mask on December 28, 2014, 05:17:42 AM
Yeah, once.
Wow, cool.
I've been to a bunch of zoos, but only one has ever had a cheetah. Fort Worth Texas zoo.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.