News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Interesting Facts

Started by Izeroth, June 16, 2015, 03:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izeroth

Post any interesting facts you've learned here. Please don't discuss religion, politics, or anything else you think might be controversial.

Skyblade

The type of music you like is not something you're born with - it's acquired through experience.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

The PC Version of the game Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth only exists because a group of employees from Headfist studios decided to work for free after the company went in bankruptcy right after releasing the Xbox version.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Gonff the Mousethief

A group of Unicorns is called a Blessing and the Unicorn is Scotland's national animal. I'm glad I'm mostly Scottish.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Izeroth

Recent archeological discoveries have revealed that many dinosaurs were covered in feathers. (Check out Yutyrannus)

Gonff the Mousethief

I saw somewhere that some raptors were really the size of chickens.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Luftwaffles

Fur and water are the two hardest things to animate in 3D (if you want realistic results).

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Gonff the Mousethief

Milk in commercials is usually either paint or paint thinner, or both combined.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Skyblade

Red rain has fallen in parts of Asia.

Gonff the Mousethief

Chicago dye's the Chicago River Green every Saint Patrick's Day.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Luftwaffles

The name "Futurama" was first used at the New York World's Fair in 1939 and was picked by the creators of said show after considering that their other possible titles weren't good enough.

Izeroth

There are more sheep in New Zealand than people.

Luftwaffles

Due to a lack of budget, many of Stallone's relatives acted as extras during the filming of Rocky 1.

Banya

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on June 16, 2015, 05:42:23 AM
Chicago dye's the Chicago River Green every Saint Patrick's Day.
But they can't dye it blue the rest of the year.
(Line from The Fugitive.)

Though tulips are indicative of all things Dutch, tulips originated in the Mediterranean region of Afro-Eurasia and were brought to the Netherlands around the sixteenth century, where they were enthusiastically embraced by the Dutch population in a movement known as 'tulip mania.'

Skyblade

1 in 10 people who are cyber bullied don't tell an adult.