News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Interesting Facts

Started by Izeroth, June 16, 2015, 03:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrrrr

Different place, though.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Banya

Buzz Aldrin's mother's maiden name was Moon.

Delthion

If you translate WWW into Hebrew, and then translate that back into English it is 666.

The Welsh are descended from Trojans, and are related to the Romans, who are also descended from the Trojans.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Hickory

?

How did Louisa May Alcott write Little Womenr?

Much against her wishes. She hated little girls and wrote her bestseller for money.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Delthion on July 03, 2015, 03:54:14 AM
The Welsh are descended from Trojans, and are related to the Romans, who are also descended from the Trojans.

Supposedly, not definitely.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Skyblade

Estimated percentage of American adults who go on diet each year: 44%

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Izeroth

If properly contained, honey lasts for an extremely long time.  Pots of edible honey have been found in Egyptian tombs.

Delthion

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 04, 2015, 11:03:46 PM
Quote from: Delthion on July 03, 2015, 03:54:14 AM

Supposedly, not definitely.

Yes, I know. Geoffrey of Monmouth wrote that in his "History of the Kings of Britain" and there's no reason to believe that the book that he was translating wasn't telling the truth so I shall believe it. ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Skyblade

The average person falls asleep in seven minutes. (I can't imagine being able to sleep that quickly, what bliss!)

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

Quote from: Skyblade on August 09, 2015, 04:21:01 PM
The average person falls asleep in seven minutes. (I can't imagine being able to sleep that quickly, what bliss!)
When I finally put the forum away after several night time hours, I'm probably tired end ugh to fall asleep that fast. :P

I'm retired from the forum

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Skyblade on August 09, 2015, 04:21:01 PM
Takes me at least an hour... Oops?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

Wearing a hat on your head helps warm your feet.

The Skarzs

If you keep garlic in your shoes while you wear them, your breath will starts smelling like garlic.

Workers in foundries would often come home for the weekend and contract a day-or-two long sickness known as metal fume fever, zinc shakes, Monday morning fever, and many others. It is caused by the inhalation of metal gasses caused by the metal vaporizing.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

There is a so-called "vaccine court" in existence in the US that has awarded $3.2 billion in compensation to those apparently injured by vaccines.[1][2]
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien