News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What you'd like to be known for (writing)

Started by Frost, February 26, 2017, 02:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

I want to be known for extensive world building and very human characters, despite them being animals. I want readers to feel the characters they way I feel them, I want that to come across through my words.

Tiria Wildlough

This is a great thread idea!
I'd love to be known for representation. It's something I'm very passionate about because of the effect it's had on my life. I'd love nothing more than to have kids read my books and see aspects of themselves in the characters, whether it's personality, race, gender, sexuality, or more trivial things. That's why, when I write, I always try to make my characters diverse and unique.
(Plus whitewashed casts are suuuuper boring. :P)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

shisteer of nothing much

I want to make people laugh. I want to write a story that has sad things happen to the characters, but the reader stills leaves with a feeling of peace, knowing that the characters were still able to enjoy life, even when something went wrong. I also want to influence my readers' lives and inspire them or encourage them, even if it's just a little thing. It doesn't have to change their lives completely, but I want people to go away feeling a little lighter, or happier, or better.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

I would like to be known as a war hero or something like that.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Jarky Thistlebrush

*Facepaws* One Eye, it's supposed to be something to do with writing...
I'd like to be known for my originality and doing new and unexpected things. Plus also for my characters.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

bonnieshona

At this stage you don't need to know anything. You're a beginner writer. All you need to do is practice writing. There are no magic answers for how to start - you sit down with a pencil and paper (or a computer) and you start.

Forget publishing. That's for the very best writers who will have practiced for years. You don't need to worry about it now, any more than someone who is learning to swim needs to know how selection for the Olympics works.

Enjoy writing, get better at it, and consider publishing again when your writing is as good as the books you read.

MathLuk

I want to be known for being willing to try new ideas, and to surprise the reader in a pleasant manner. Nothing beats a reader response of 'Oh goodness, how did I miss the foreshadowing? Lemme go for a quick reread.'.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

The Grey Coincidence

I would like to be known as someone who's writing is fun, funny and different, with characters that are quirky and three-dimensional, even if the plots leave some to be desired. I want to write something people can go back to and re-read and enjoy all over again. And every now and then I'd like to reel in some tears or some laughter or both.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

glionameghan

This sounds really cliche, but I want to be remembered for being me.

I want to be known for lifting people up, not putting them down.

I want to be known for helping people.

I want to be known for (almost) always being kind until someone gives me a good reason not to be. You never know what someone's been through.

I want to be remembered for having an open mind.

I want to be remembered for my music, which is about mental health.

I don't necessarily want to be famous, but if that's what it takes for my writing and songs to be read and heard, that's what I aspire to do.

Trinder

if am to be known for writing then it would be for suspense throughout my writing. i would want my readers to crave for more of the story to a point of reading my writing into the late night just because they cant afford to sleep in suspense. i would also want to be known for easy and understandable language.