how do you lock or move topics ???

Started by rachel25, February 17, 2013, 03:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

:-\ I was just wondering about this because I've had a topic moved and a topic locked by someone but they said only moneters could lock topics I'm really confussed now  ??? If anyone can help me please say.     Thank you  :-*

psybox

moderators, they're sort of the forum police. 

Osu

This has been answered before. Only forum staff members can lock, move, and modify other peoples' topics. Moderators, global moderators, and administrators. We do so to keep the forum neat and tidy, and to make topics easier to access for everybody. We usually post reasons in the topics to let you know why they've been moved/locked, but if you ever have questions, feel free to PM a moderator about it. :) If you ever want one of your threads moved/locked, PM a moderator.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Romsca

Click on "0 messages" at the top (in red) and it will take you to your messages. On the left there is something that says "new message". From there, it is just like a post

W0NWILL

Or you can the little scroll beneath their profile picture or click on their name and then send a personal message. Then you don't have to type in their username.

rachel25

;D thank you both of you this has been troulbing me for a while.  :)

Romsca

For some reason, WONWILL, I can't pm you. When I type in your name it says "member does not exist" or something like that. Did you disable PM's?

psybox

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Romsca on February 20, 2013, 04:30:32 PM
For some reason, WONWILL, I can't pm you. When I type in your name it says "member does not exist" or something like that. Did you disable PM's?

I had that problem to till I found out it was the number 0 not the letter o
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Why are only Mods allowed to Move and Lock topics?

Life is too short to rush through it.

psybox

This site isn't specifically internet troll free, they get banned as soon as possible, but there is no possible way to keep them out, imagine if they could lock topics.  Things would be horrible.

DanielofRedwall

Also, members might sometimes get it wrong. After all, members sometimes place topics in the wrong spot, so who's to say they might not move the topic to a wrong spot as well? This is also partly why we prefer it if you use the "report to moderator" button rather than posting on the topic that you think it should be moved.
Received mostly negative reviews.