Do you think BJ should have put humans in Redwall?

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 01, 2011, 06:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

Quote from: Matthias720 on July 24, 2011, 03:57:47 PM
How about humans in an alternate dimension observing the lives and adventures of Redwallers on a pan-dimensional viewing screen?

Isn't that what we're doing by watching the TV show?  ;)

Osu

Quote from: Lily on July 25, 2011, 12:20:03 AM
Quote from: Matthias720 on July 24, 2011, 03:57:47 PM
How about humans in an alternate dimension observing the lives and adventures of Redwallers on a pan-dimensional viewing screen?

Isn't that what we're doing by watching the TV show?  ;)
I choked on my soda from laughing when I read all that. ohyouguys ;)

How about Redwallers discovering ancient human remains, then? Fits better?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Osu

Yes, no, maybe so? ;D Scenario: humans go extinct and all traces of them are buried. Like dinosaurs. Kinda. Enter the world of Redwall! Some animal historians stumble on the remains of an ancient human city.

Sorta like that? It'd be interesting as a subplot, but I dunno if I'd go for a Redwall book with such a thing as the main plot.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

GeniePig

I kinda feel having humans in any form would sorta spoil the whole erm...asrhajkdsh I don't know how to explain it. It just won't work for me.  :(

Trisscar95

Without Animals It wouldn't be Redwall! There is no other way for it to have been this good if it had been humans. Humans seem to destroy, the animals seem to build on everything around them
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

DanielofRedwall

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series mentioned "The Others", who were obviously humans, as it says they made things like castles, churches etc., but they be ame extinct. The owls occasionally put the things they left to good use. That series still counts as an "animal only" series, but then again it is quite a bit different to Redwall. Just pointing out how it maybe could work, but I still believe that he shouldn't have done it.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

O wow...this hasn't been posted in for AGES.
:D
@DanielofRedwall, I haven't read Guardians of Ga'hoole, but it sounds pretty good from what you say about it. :) But I don't think that there should be any human influence on Redwall.
Also...I think I will add a poll to this. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lilly of Redwall

Of course not! Mossflower Country and the surrounding area were made to be human-free! If Brian Jaques did put humans in, the humans would probably do what is normal for humans. Hunt and kill the animals.
Redwall forever!!!

Coobreedan

The Redwallers are the humans. I always pictured them the same size as humans.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Plugg Firetail

If redwall(the series)had humans in it,I think it would work.Pearls of Lutra had whales in the book and as far as we know of...there are no whales smaller than humans.I don't agree with humans being,as said,directly in the story,but they could be mentioned.For example,"This huge furless paw just crushed Flinky!Aahhh!"

Mad Maudie

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Dotti

Well, there are a lot of problems size-wise with putting humans in Redwall.  For example, the trees are about the same height as the wall.  So, the trees, to a human, would probably be about waist high.  The size would be almost impossible to do.  I wouldn't mind it under some very specific circumstances, but the size barrier is just too great for me.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Log-a-Log

I feel that the Redwall world just shouldn't have humans. I don't know why, but it wouldn't fit in and feel right
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

DanielofRedwall

I think a lot of the comments, like the one above me, are simply because the Redwall series never had humans, so it feels normal and if humans were suddenly introduced it would break this. But, if the series always had humans, I'm sure everyone here would still read the series and love it, and the humans would seem normal. Then the topic would be "Do you think BJ shouldn't have put humans in Redwall" and we would all be saying no, because the humans would just be part of the series.
Received mostly negative reviews.