News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack! Part Two.

Started by Cornflower MM, September 06, 2014, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Alright, it's late now so my creativity is low but I'll reply tomorrow... later today I mean, whatever.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

She didn't have a weapon for close range (and she only had one arrow left), so in order to avoid the few cats that were still fighting, Kaylan dashed across the open ground south of the Abbey and made for the trees on the edge of Mossflower Wood.  Once she was safely behind a tree, she frantically looked around for Arya.

To her considerable relief, the ottermaid soon saw the squirrelmaid a distance away with Dave, by the woods.  She turned and slipped through the trees in that direction.
----------------------
Paisley killed the last cat near her, wiped her blade on the grass, and looked around.  Limping heavily from a deep wound on her right footpaw, she slowly walked around, looking for any remaining cats she could dispatch.  Most had fled, with hares in hot pursuit.

But the Long Patrol had suffered losses too.  As the Lieutenant stepped over carcasses, she saw that many of them were hares.  Some she had known very well, and tears pricked at her eyes in spite of herself.  One corpse she even recognized as the young hare whose life she had saved earlier that day.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

The battle was over.
  Thankfully for the defenders the Salamandastron hares had been able to clean up what was left of the cat horde, though it wasn't without their own losses. Some of the enemies were bigger than wildcats, and if it hadn't been for the amount taken out before their arrival, they would not have fared as well.
  Abbey creatures were now out on the path, helping the wounded and carrying off the dead hares for burial. Those hares who were not aiding with the efforts were scouting around in the woods and areas around the abbey, making sure no cats that fled were coming back.

Aggril the otter, who had come with the hares, was going around the battlefield, looking for any survivors. He noticed a big, blood-covered cat trying to drag himself out of a pile of other dead cats. "Got a live one over here!" Aggril called, and readied his javelin for a final blow. But as he got closer, he found the armor slightly familiar. . .
  "Wait, are you. . ." Aggril yelled to Arya, Kaylan, and the others. "Mates! Come quick!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan had been standing next to her friend for several minutes, recovering from her adrenaline rush and everything else and hoping that no random cat would try to attack them, when she heard someone yelling.  She looked up and saw the otter Aggril calling for them (she guessed - he was looking in their direction).  Concerned, she looked around, then dashed towards him as fast as she could.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Feldion had just managed to finish Feshr. But he had lost an arm and was bleeding badly from several deep wounds. He stumbled back to the Abbey as far as he could. But he fell on the far side of the ditch and could not get up. He tried to call out, but his mouth was so dry that it merely came out as a croak. Well, at least my goal is finished. He thought this then resigned himself to what was soon to come, death.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

Lieutenant Paisley passed close by the ditch, wincing at every step.  It was then that the young hare noticed movement out of the corner of her eye.  She turned, preparing to defend herself if she had to.  Cautiously, she peered into the ditch and saw a squirrel lying in a pool of blood, his arm severed and bleeding freely.  Paisley immediately whirled and stumblingly hurried toward the Abbey to find a healer.
-----------------------
Trying not to look at the carcasses strewn about, Kaylan reached Aggril, whom she had only met briefly before.

Cornflower MM

Arya breathed a very shaky sigh of relief. Te battle was over, Dave and everyone else was okay, and as yet she'd managed to hide her wound. Noticing Aggril calling, Arya tried to hurry over. "What is it, Aggril?" She gasped, clutching her middle as she painfully made her way over to him, slightly wheezing.

The Skarzs

Aggril pointed at the cat. "Do you recognize that one?" He went over to the armored cat and rolled it over. "Wasn't this the cat that was at the gate those days ago?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

As Aggril rolled the body over, Kaylan let out a gasp and covered her mouth.  It was Argunath!  Horror filled her at the sight of his many wounds, and she was sure he must be dead.  The ottermaid turned away, feeling queasy from the sight.

Cornflower MM

Seeing the body, Arya cried out, "No, Argunath!" Crouching down, she touched his head fur, starting to cry and causing her own wound to bleed more.

Delthion

OOC: Feldion lay slowly dieing. Being trampled regularly. ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Argunath opened his one good eye slowly as Arya touched his head, and made a horrible cough that let blood from his mouth. His breaths came as rasps as he tried to breath around the spearpoint stuck in his lung. He tried to see clearly through his hazy vision, only clear enough to notice the blood on Arya's tunic.
  "Y. . . you're wounded," -he coughed again- "A. . . rya."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Pressing her paw to her side, Arya blinked, dislodging a tear. "It's nothing." She muttered, moving to stroke the cougar's head once more. "Your memory will be treasured." She whispered.

The Skarzs

"Me?" Argunath couldn't resist a bitter laugh, though it caused him to cough up more blood. "Look. . . what I have wrought: death. I am as I said. . . a mon. . . ster."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.