Wildcat Attack! Part Two.

Started by Cornflower MM, September 06, 2014, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

OOC: No problem.

BIC: Feldion saw the cats approaching the gate, and answered Argunath with a low growl. "I'll go and sound the alarm!" With that he bounded off to the bell tower.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

Arya saw the squirrel going for the bell tower and cursed. "Take care of yourself, fox. They need me up there." With that, she was away with a leap and a bound, running flat out for the wall tops. She somehow found herself by Argunath. She nodded in recognition, and necked an arrow on her bow. "Now, we wait." She didn't have to wait long - The cats knew it would do no good to parley, and the archers were loosening their first arrows in about two minutes. Ducking one, the .squirrel fired her arrow into the cats that were already at the main gate, and started shouting orders. "Get some wood behind the main gate - They're trying to cut their way in. Archers, fire at will! Somebody better get that bell ringing!" She called.

Delthion

Feldion burst into the bell tower and pulled as hard as he could. Once he had raised the alarm he shot off to the walls again, intent on having a few cat skins in the near future.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

Arya sighed in relief as the bell 's music rang out into the night. Abbess Rosemary had been sitting on her bed, and sighed as she grabbed the s long she had been using. "Well, let's go see if I can't kick some kitty tail." She muttered.

Delthion

Feldion rushed back up to the wall and said: "What did I miss?"

Jukka the Sling

"Nothin' much. Just the start of the attack," Kaylan said, joking a little to hide her nervousness. She ducked slightly so she wouldn't be an easy target and loosed an arrow into the wildcats in the same movement. From somewhere below came an anguished scream.
-------------------
Paisley led the travelers through the twisting corridors up to Lord Grang's chamber and knocked. "It's Lieutenant Thwibscutt, m'lord!" she called. "Two otters and a squirrel here! It's urgent - they say Redwall is under threat of attack by some bloomin' wildcats!"

OOC: Gonna assume they followed her. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Feldion glanced out at the band of Cats. "They don't seem to be attacking many points, what if I was to lead a small group into the woods and attack them from the rear?"

The Skarzs

Argunath didn't even flinch as a slingstone bounced off his armor when he stood to look down. He ducked as well as he could behind the battlements. "'Nothing much'? They're trying to hack the gates to pieces, otter." He called to the creatures below on the lawns. "Get some rubble and rocks up here if you want to help! Those unable to help with defending the walls get back into the abbey!" The cougar turned to Feldion. "It won't be easy; those cats are bigger than your average 'vermin'."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan bit her lip at Argunath's comment, feeling a little embarrassed, but she brushed it off and nocked another arrow to her bowstring.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 21, 2014, 01:35:34 AM
Argunath didn't even flinch as a slingstone bounced off his armor when he stood to look down. He ducked as well as he could behind the battlements. "'Nothing much'? They're trying to hack the gates to pieces, otter." He called to the creatures below on the lawns. "Get some rubble and rocks up here if you want to help! Those unable to help with defending the walls get back into the abbey!" The cougar turned to Feldion. "It won't be easy; those cats are bigger than your average 'vermin'."

"Yes, you're quite right. But what if you were to come with us? The cats might be fooled into thinking that you were one of them." Then he bounded off to get anything that could be rained down on the heads of the vermin.

Cornflower MM

Arya growled. As Feldion bounded by her, she said, "I'm the commander here. You really should run your plans by me," She sad it softly, drawing another arrow back on her bow. Popping up, she sent it down it the vermin attacking the gate, and ducked own, feeling the wind of a slingstone above her head.

The Skarzs

Argunath growled. "This is ridiculous; we're nearly completely pinned down. From the sound of it. . ." He listened to solid thumps on the gate. ". . . It might be a while, but they will end up getting through."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"Depressing, isn't it?" Arya said, popping up again and loosing another arrow, rewarded by a scream. "Well, nothing we can do, really, except try to pick off the ones that are, ah, knocking on the gates."

The Skarzs

Argunath watched as some moles began bringing up piles of rubble, and he went to help. "Start piling them up between the ramparts above the gate; we'll push them off on top of them!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Arya smiled, glad Argunath was taking charge of the moles, before doing her standard jump-up-shoot-arrow-duck-down-repeat