News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

Ashleg

Grant rose from the table, followed by Chrysanthe, and Duncan, whom returned.
Fangfang didn't stand but did add a comment to the conversation.
"'E's sick, too. Doesn't want us t' know it, but he is. I think."

Groddil

One-Ear looked around. At Fangfang's voice he slapped his head.
"Of course. Bracklew, you and Mixy were poisoning his medicine when...Thank you, Fangfang. Another of Rapshade's weaknesses exposed. Is there anything else you would like to add that could help us further?"

Ashleg

"I don't know. I don't think so?"
Fang fiddled with his paws and kept sending glances in One-Ear's direction, still not exactly standing up in favor of their plan.
"Wait. Cap'n's, er, scared of ghosts. An' also of gettin' his sickness exposed."

Groddil

"Ghosts...such as you!"
The fox quickly elaborated.
"If Rapshade is scared o' ghosts, when he sees the carnage at the ship, he'll most likely think you're dead. When we march on Rapshade, I can mingle with the crew, spread rumors of how Rapshade's sick. Then you could show up at Rapshade's door. Say you're dead, come back to haunt 'im. He'll most likely believe you. When the crew's talkin' about Rapshade's sickness and starting to feel like mutiny, and when you've scared Rapshade out of 'is wits, that's the moment we charge. Are you with us, Fangfang?"

Ashleg

Chrysanthe, Grant, and Duncan glanced at Fangfang to see what his answer would be.
The rat squeaked and sank down in his chair, covering his eyes with his paws.
"I can't!"

Groddil

One-Ear placed a paw on the rat's shoulder.
"We need you, Fangfang. If you help us, it will be a lot easier to make peace again. Your life will be a lot easier here than on the high seas with that monster."

Ashleg

Fangfang gritted his teeth.
It was a difficult choice to make, at least for him.
"I want to stop 'im, but I don't want t' lose 'im. Probably doesn't make sense t' you."

Groddil

One-Ear extended a paw.
"I understand that you've known him a long time, and you may care about him, but does he really care about you? Help us, Fangfang. Please."

LT Sandpaw

OOC: You guys have been having fun. :) But remember me and Sagetip are also in this RP.

BIC:

"He has to die Fang." There was no understanding in the voice, no compassion or joy. It was as if somebeast had wrenched out the happy side of Bracklew and replaced it with something much colder. "He killed Mixy Fang, he killed her and we'll kill him. Those pirates don't deserve anything better. Its enough to know that they would do the same to us any day, One-ear is right. We should attack while we have the advantage and finish them before they can recover and regroup." His narrowed eyes finally turned on Fangfang and the squirrel's tufted ears twitched. "Will you try and warn him, stop us from killing him Fang? Are you still loyal to vermin like Rapshade?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Vilu Daskar

OOC: I'm not paying attention and not posting, sorry. Lets just assume I died during the battle and no one's noticed yet.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ashleg

OOC-
Ack, sorry!
And okay, Vilu.
IC-
Fangfang glanced at One-Ear.
"'E used to care. A lot...Bracklew!" The two locked eyes at the same time. The rat frowned. "I knew I shouldn't have come. You're all turning it against me again. Of all th' vermin on th' ship, ye just 'ad to pick me!" As the rat rose from the table, looking frustrated, Chrysanthe stepped in between him and Bracklew to make sure a fight wouldn't break out.
Fang kept speaking, however his voice was quieter.
"...Fine...if ye kill him in battle. But if there's a moment where he lies defeated but not dead, I get t' ask him something he's been keepin' a secret from me. Agreed? Unless that whole 'kind an' conpassinate Redwallers' thing was made up?"

Groddil

OOC: Sowwy...;P

BIC: One-Ear looked slightly shocked at Bracklew's lack of subtlety. When Fangfang stood up, the fox spoke quietly.
"We aren't turning against you, Fangfang. We chose you because you are the only one from that ship who actually has a heart."
He lowered his voice to a whisper.
"Bracklew is still angry after what happened on the ship, just ignore him."
After the rat kept speaking, the fox breathed a small sigh of relief.
"Of course, anything for your help. In fact, you might be able to ask him when you're pretending to be a ghost. Say some nonsense about revealin' secrets or you'll haunt 'im forever. Take this, just in case something happens."
One-Ear unsheathed a dagger from his belt and offered it to Fangfang.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I really like how all the characters have come along. They really have had some arch which is so hard to achieve in RPs. I say give yourselves a hand gentlemen. You've done pretty good.

BIC:

Saltooth's fury was enough for him to cleave his sword into a young sapling, and to his surprise slicing the thin tree nearly in half. Unsticking his sword from the wood Saltooth stomped up the gangplank onto the main deck looking for a fight. Unfortunately for the steersrat Rapshade had once again seen though his plan and survived. No thanks to the meddler Jetfur either. Fuming Saltooth marched up to a pair of weasels whose task it appeared was to dump a rotting stoat's corpse into the river.

"Wot in th' blazes are ye fools doin'?" Saltooth roared aiming a ill tempered kick at one of the weasels.

"Er gettin' th' bodies off'n th' ship." Said the larger of the two jumping clear of Saltooth's boot. "Got problem wit' that?"

"Mayhap I do mate?" Saltooth hissed his voice dripping with scorn. "Mayhap ye would like ter draw steel?" The weasel's eyes glanced from Saltooth's drawn sword then to his companion. Both weasels held up their paws before backing away disappearing down into the crews quarters. Saltooth hissed angrily his chance at a fight lost. "Whole bloody crew are cowards. Worst mistake o' me life brining th' ship down this way."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Coming up next to Chrysanthe Skipper tapped the shrew on the shoulder his eyes worried. "Chrysan, I know yer shrews be ready ter fight long'n 'ard but Rapshade still got numbers on his side. Tell em when there done talking I'm heading to me otter crew's camp ground to bring a few more reinforcements. I shouldn't be long, though tis quite a journey, so gotta get started. See ye mate." With that said the aging otter ran silently to the door pushing it open and disappearing onto the Abbey grounds.

~*~*~*~*~

Rayne had been summoned, and with a few helpers the squirrel healer began administering to the freed slaves. Offering them medicine, warm blankets, and poultices for particularly bad whip wounds. Keeping her tufted ears cocked and listening to what was going on, she worked efficiently on her many patients.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Ava walked over to Rayne, experimentally testing her leg. Saltooth's strike, however glancing it ended up to be, was slightly painful. "How are our new guests doing, Rayne?" She asked.

OOC: Aaaaand this is what happens when I'm bored
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.