News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

Hickory

Ava hesitated a few seconds. "All right. Just make it quick."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Rapshade glanced at his leg, trying not to put too much pressure on it. He nodded.
"Yes, she did. I should be fine now. Do me a favor an' stop tryin' to do my job, will ye, Saltooth?" The ferret shook his head and started walking away, then tripped on something horrible feeling and fell with a yelp, hitting his chin against the hard wood of the deck.
"...Ow..." He stared down, wide-eyed, at Redfang's decpmposing body before giving a frightened gasp and making an undignified retreat toward the other side of the deck on all fours, where he hid behind a weasel, peering around him just so much that his head poked out.
"I-it's so bad! Why is it more decomposed then the others?! It's an ill omen! As soon as you dump that...thing, we're headed back t' sea! Saltooth, throw it overboard..."

--

Chrysanthe pressed a paw against her chest when Bracklew glanced at her.
"Do you want just him, or the both of us?"

Groddil

OOC:
@Vilu: I have an alternative idea for killing off Fergbar. When Muddle and Begskin escape, they can run into him along the way. It won't end well. If so, could I control Fergbar for that segment, just to get him to say a couple lines and stuff?

BIC: One-Ear looked to Bracklew, then to Crysanthe.
"I think he means me. We'll discuss the plan's finer details later."
The fox nodded at Bracklew and descended the steps to Cavern Hole.

LT Sandpaw

BIC:

Grumbling Saltooth sheathed his sword and grabbed Redfang heaving the dead stoat over the ship's railing. "Aye Cap'n." He snarled before marching up to the forecastle to take his place at the helm. Normally Saltooth would never have been so willing to follow orders, however the idea of returning to the ocean dampened even his flaring temper.

~*~*~*~*~

As fast as her paws would allow Rayne began cleaning out Ava's wound. Snipping away some of the matted fur she filled it with a hastily made wad of herbs she had been using on the slaves. Then unwrapping a length of clean bandages she tied it off. She smiled as only a tiny red stain showed up at the surface of her handiwork.

"Try to take it easy for the time being, let the skin reattach itself before you start running around fighting. It may be sore for a few days, but nothing to worry about. Anyway how's it feel?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Leading the way down into Carven Hole Bracklew spun around to face One-ear his face set. Taking a deep breath he plunged forward his tail curling around his paws self-consciously.

"Look One-ear, I know I've been acting the prat, and I realize that. Mixy's death hit me hard but I certainly shouldn't have been taking my anger out on the creatures trying to help. You had your duty to your father's memory, and me and Mixy took the risk knowing full well what it might entail. And I owe, that is to say, I should..." He paused licking his lips nervously. "I owe you an apology, so... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called you, well, you know."

OOC: I just thought, has Jetfur reported that all the slaves are missing yet? I mean that's a pretty big blow to the ship's movement. Rapshade might have some trouble getting the ship moving unless he assigns his crew to pull the oars.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

OOC: Oh. I'll take care of it.

BIC: Ava patted the tight wrap. "Feels fine, but I doubt that it'll be falling off anytime soon. Thank you, Rayne. If you need me, I'll be with the Father.

OOC: Where is the Abbot again?

BIC:

Jetfur finished scraping muck and dead foliage off from his footpaws. The forest was getting worse and worse. Of course, staying with the captain was much better than mutinizing and getting killed with Saltooth, but that was a matter for another day.

The rat swung open the door to the oardeck with such power that it smashed against the wall and shuddered. Now in a foul mood because of the failed attack - being driven off by a mouse, old fox, and a crippled badger? He snorted to himself. Unfurling his whip, he trailed it behind him, the lethal weapon looking all the while like a snake slithering across ground. The rasping sound the rope made by scraping against the deck usually scared the slaves witless. He was about to silence the whimpers when he realized none came. The rat stopped short and pulled the whip forward. The benches were empty.

The Slavemaster came storming up to the main deck, right up to Rapshade. "Cap'n," he said, the whip already furled and fastened back onto his belt. "I'm afraid the slaves 'ave escaped."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

OOC: Grant is in Great Hall with everyone else.

BIC: One-Ear shook his head.
"You shouldn't be apologizing, Bracklew. I abandoned you, Mixy died because of it, and I deserve whatever I get. Nevertheless, I'm trying to redeem myself for that. I will not rest until every last one of that pirate's murder band lies slain. Not counting Fangfang of course. Now, I should get back to planning."
The fox left Bracklew to his thoughts and set off for Great Hall. Along the way, he heard strage muttering. One-Ear ducked into the cellar where Muddle and Begskin where chained up. The hedgehog was tearing at his face again, screeching.
"The dark one leaves, his shadow dissipates! Sails unfurled, anchors raised."
The young fox kicked at Muddle.
"Shut up, fool. More of your death ramblings?"
Muddle grinned at One-Ear.
"The dark one is fleeing, you are running out of time."
One-Ear scoffed.
"Running out of time? How so?"
Muddle giggled.
"Don't wait for the rudder or you will lose the rudder!"
The fox waved his paw and left the cellar. He returned to Chrysanthe.
"Muddle's doing his rambling thing again. Talkin' about dark ones leavin' and not to wait for rudders, an' all other kinds o' nonsense."

Ashleg

OOC-
@Sandpaw
Good...Therefore the Redwallers will have an easier time catching up with him.
IC-
Rapshade groaned at the bad news, doing a dramatic swoon. "Oohhhh! We were ambushed! You can't row, can ye? We'll never get out of here in time with jus' the wind. Here, ah, gather what's left of the crew, even Vadoma, an' tell 'em to get rowing, my orders. I'll try and steer."
He headed over to where Saltooth was at the wheel and nudged him aside.
"Actially, I don't trust you with directions...An' if ye want t' get home, you'll go row with the others. The slaves are gone."

--

Chrysanthe sighed.
"Muddle's brain is, well, muddled. Forgive him for his nonsense, I guess." She shook her head and placed a paw around One-Ear's shoulders. "I sure hope Skipper returns soon."

Groddil

OOC: What time is it? It'll be easier to sneak One-Ear and Fangfang onto the ship at night.

Ashleg

OOC-
Early morning.
It's cloudy, though, so it's still pretty dark.

Groddil

OOC: Should we start marching before it gets too light? Skipper can meet the army on the road.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Hey Sage I don't know what it is about it, but that last post with Jetfur was really good. Some neat description going on there.

BIC:

"There be only two ways ter go on th' river Cap'n!" Saltooth moaned shifting over for Rapshade. "An' that's upriver an' down river. An' without oars we ain't goin' up are we." The steersrat now rowsrat stomped off towards the slave quarters turning his nose up at the stench. Glad of his seaboots the rat gingerly positioned himself at the drum smiling craftily as he waited for Jetfur to get his rowing team together.

~*~*~*~*~

"Thank you One-ear." Bracklew said simply. The squirrel waited until the fox had left before heading upstairs towards Mixy's room. He knew she owned a short sword, her father had given it to her. Bracklew had seen her training with Duncan before. He was going to need it, and maybe use it to finish Rapshade no matter what Fang said. It would be poetic justice to slay the ferret with Mixy's blade.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

OOC-
@Groddil
Yeah, sure.
IC-
Rapshade curled his lip, growling.
"Well, knowing you, you'd crash the ship straight into a tree. Just go." He turned around and stared down at the wheel, grasping it so tightly that when he moved his paws it left claw marks.

Vadoma hovered over his shoulder. "Are you nervous, Swifty?"

The ferret cursed under his breath. Was it that obvious? "Nervous? Me, never. I need ya t' go help the others row, Vad."

Groddil

One-Ear cocked his head.
"I think Muddle had a point, the "dark one", Rapshade, is starting to set sail. Even if he isn't, it'll be easy for me 'n' Fang to sneak aboard while it's still dark out. We should leave now, Skipper can meet us on the road."

Ashleg

Duncan came over to them, testing his dagger tip on the table.
"I'll stay and wait for Bracklew. You all go on ahead."
Upon hearing that, Chrysanthe nodded to her shrews and they began to file out. Fangfang joined them near the door. "Come on, you two. We'd best hurry!" Log-a-Log said, waving goodbye to Duncan.

Groddil

One-Ear retrieved his weaponry and followed Chrysanthe out the gate. Mortembell hailed Rayne.
"We'll be back soon. Make sure Muddle doesn't poison anyone while I'm gone!"
With that the vixen left Redwall Abbey with her son.