The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 05, 2018, 02:41:55 AM
So... I'm flying back home today and I have a huge pit of dread in my stomach.  Because once I arrive in LA, I have exactly 2 hours and 55 minutes until my Southwest Airlines flight leaves, and I have to get through customs and walk about 10-15 minutes just to get over to Terminal 1 from the international terminal.  And then I have to go through security and everything again before getting to my gate.

Help.
It'll be alright, Jukka. It's always easier than you think.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Everyone, the Florida stories are real. This state.. I wanted to say "Oh no, all those 'Florida man' headlines aren't really what it's like."
But they're real.
I just had one of the most awkward experiences of my life.
I am traumatized.

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

I can't. It's just too weirdddddd

Floridians
Long story short, my cousin who didn't know I was her cousin said I was "really good lookin'" and was interested in me. Kept looking at me. Finally, upon the revelation that we're related, said "Well there goes that dating opportunity"
WHAT IF I DIDNT KNOW SHE WAS MY COUSIN EITHER??!!?? WTH??!!
[close]

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Søren on May 05, 2018, 07:01:34 AM
Floridians

WHAT IF I DIDNT KNOW SHE WAS MY COUSIN EITHER??!!?? WTH??!!
[close]
Don't you have a girlfriend?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Maudie

On the bright side, at least she acknowledged the fact that you're related as a dealbreaker...
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rusvul

I mean, if she didn't know you were related, then it's fine to hit on you... Seems like she acted pretty normally there. Sounds like she was hitting on you pretty directly, which is a little unusual, but not necessarily out of line.

Then again, I'm Floridian too, so... grain of salt.

Søren

Yeah, that's true..

APPARENTLY even first cousins getting married is legal in most states. Freaky.

Jukka the Sling

Well, I'm back home.  Customs was a breeze - the line moved quickly.  After spending ages agonizing over what to declare on the customs form on the flight, the customs people barely glanced at it.  The guys there mostly seemed like they were half-asleep.  I can't believe it was that easy.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

Quote from: Søren on May 06, 2018, 06:53:16 PM
Yeah, that's true..

APPARENTLY even first cousins getting married is legal in most states. Freaky.

While it seems kind of gross, I think at that kind of distance the genetic risk to children is minimal. Inbreeding isn't usually that harmful unless there's a pattern of it, like with pugs or Targaryens. And... weird as it is, I don't see any reason for it to be illegal if it isn't hurting anyone.

Søren

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 06, 2018, 09:36:50 PM
Well, I'm back home.  Customs was a breeze - the line moved quickly.  After spending ages agonizing over what to declare on the customs form on the flight, the customs people barely glanced at it.  The guys there mostly seemed like they were half-asleep.  I can't believe it was that easy.
Glad you made it back!
@Rusvul Yeah, whatever floats you I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maudie

Had the first clinical for my nurse assistant class yesterday... It was hard, but not as hard as I thought it would be. I changed a lot of sheets, helped change a couple briefs, braided a blind lady's hair, and helped feed another lady. I saw some things that I thought would be scarring the first time I encountered them, but it really wasn't a big deal. This class is helping me break out of my shell, but at the same time showing me that  my shell was bigger than I thought it was. I learned that you have to be kind and patient, but you also have to be assertive. I'm working on that one. I think I'm gonna enjoy being a CNA about as much as one can enjoy any job. Also, seeing people (some actually quite young) who have lost all mobility has given me added motivation to continue exercising and eating right.

It was a good experience. I think it has helped give me different perspective on life. It's very important to consider the future now, while you're young and you still have some control over it.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3