News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

It's a part-time gig so she can run her side hustle without worrying about it cramping up her chill time.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Matthias720

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: The Skarzs on August 08, 2018, 08:07:58 PM
It's a part-time gig so she can run her side hustle without worrying about it cramping up her chill time.
XD

@Ami:  I'd like to keep it for a while.  I guess we'll see what happens.

@Matthias:  Thanks!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Chipster of Noonvale

Notice, though, that Jukka mentioned the wrong Matthias.  She is therefore marrying a 0-poster last seen five years ago.

TAKE THAT DEL!!! ;D ;D ;D

Delthion

It's the thought that counts.

(Well-played ;D)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on August 08, 2018, 07:38:10 PM
I did pretty lamely, in my opinion, since I was so nervous.  I kept saying "umm" way too much and making very lengthy pauses.  But... I got the job!!!  It's a part-time gig at a teen/tween-oriented discount store. ;D  This is my first actual paid job, although I've worked as a volunteer at a local thrift store on Saturday for several months (along with Amber).

In my interview for my current job I was literally so nervous that I jumped when the interviewer walked into the room and said my name and I totally lost the ability to speak for most of the interview. When the interviewer asked me how I would handle an disagreement with a coworker I literally stuttered for two minutes before I could put my thoughts into words. Then as we were getting up (after he offered me the job and I accepted, thank goodness) my purse got caught on the armrest of my chair and I just about fell over and took the chair with me. Also I literally had no nice clothes so I just wore my scrubs which I guess was fine since that's considered professional dress for a CNA but according to google it's better not to wear scrubs for a job interview.

So yeah. I'm sure your interview was fine. ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

@Maudie  Oh, wow. XD  I actually do feel a bit better about my interview now, since I guess a lot of interviewers are used to dealing with nervous people and are able to look past it, luckily.  How's your CNA job going now?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ve gaet back from a veek'z vacation at ze beach aboot a veek agae. Ze place ve ztayed at vaz av roight. Particularly after zey came by und unplugged ze bathroom zink... An 'air-curler, a razour from from a zhavin'-razour, a button, zome 'air, etc...
Tvaz a tva part cottage zae ve 'ad neighbourz on ze ozer zoide o' it. Vhen ve firzt gaet zere zere vaz ziz group o' 'oigh-zchool/college kidz parked at ze ozer zoide und ve vere concerned zat zey vere our neighbourz........But it turned oot zat tvaz juzt ze cleanin' crev (vho did nae dae zat vell o' a job cleanin', particularly ze neighbour'z zoide) vho zhortly left. Ze family zat turned oot tae be our neighbourz vaz good, pluz ziz 'ooze vaz a beachfront zae ve didnae 'ave tae valk zat far tae get tae ze ocean, along viz a major viev from ze porch! Tragically Ah forgot me camera at 'ome zae Ah didnae get tae take picturez, but ve did get a dizpozable camera zat Ah took picturez viz. Ach...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lady Amber

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Amber

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.