Main Menu

The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Nadaz, voice of the host

It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

The Skarzs

Is that what that is from? O_O I had forgotten.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

I just spent hours today trying to fix my dumb little Lenovo laptop that's been unbootable for two years by creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive and trying to boot from it.  It's the first time I ever tried anything like this, and I was so hopeful I could prove my mad IT skillz by doing this new procedure, but... it didn't work.  The laptop just won't boot from it, and the BIOS setup menu only has a couple of tabs of options for some ridiculous reason (like it seems to be straight-up missing things that normal quality computers should have?), so I can't even do things like toggle from UEFI to legacy boot like some sites suggested.

Ugh.

Oh well.  At least I know how to make a bootable USB now, so I can maybe fix a couple of other dead computers we have laying around?  Although this experience has left me with dampened optimism.

I'll prob be buying a good gaming desktop this week anyway (so we can play the new Battlefront II we bought a few months back without any of us bothering to actually, y'know, read the system requirements).  At least I'll be joining just in time for Obi-Wan's release. XD
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Compooter stuff. Yes. Ineed. I agree.

I have no idea what you said.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

It was longer at first. And technically I didn't say anything.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Matthias720

@Jukka the Sling: Try making a live USB of a Linux distro, like Ubuntu. Try installing that first, and maybe that can give some insight into why Windows won't install.

Jukka the Sling

Thanks.  I considered it before, but figured that if Windows 10 wasn't working, anything else would probably fail too.  I'll have to try that anyway.

It's a "Windows Boot Manager boot failed" error, btw, and I'm using a cheap USB 2.0 (that I reformatted a couple times yesterday after mistakes with what I was doing.  Like at first I mistakenly saved the freshly-downloaded Windows 10 ISO right on the USB before doing more research and finding out I had to use something like Rufus or PowerISO to make it live :P).  Anyway, after choosing to boot from the USB, it just says that the boot failed.  And I think I've done everything right?  Dunno if the USB itself or how it was reformatted would affect anything?  (I just formatted it back to its defaults.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien