Main Menu

The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

*sigh*
...One day...

Jetthebinturong

Books are really expensive in America, huh?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Witessss

not if you get 'em cheap at yard sales! got thousands of books in good condition. (not even jokin' stop at one sometime)
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Tungro

The Witessss

i dunno what it's like in FL, but we get 'em for quarters. it is one of my hobbies.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Yeah but when you're looking for a specific one that you can't find at thrift stores or yard sales you gotta be prepared to spend a bit of money. One reason I don't read as much anymore.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Witessss

that is true, but you can find almost every book at a yard sale even if it takes a few Saturdays to find it.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

The Witessss

libraries indoctrinate kids with books they think fit their narrative and cause. you will sometimes notice a lack of wholesome books and a lot of the unwholesome ones, most of the time. 

Cornflower MM

The Witessss

Cornflower MM

I love libraries, and have been in quite a few. But I've never noticed that. What makes you think that? (Out of mere curiosity)

The Witessss

okay.. let me see... you may notice, near the more adultish section, a lot of political books, but only supporting one side. near the kiddish section they have a lot of books that have ways of making bad things seem okay, 'cause if you see 'em enough displayed in a positive way, your mind starts justifying the wrong in 'em. you probably would have to be looking for the bad to actually notice it, but authors often have ways of making people think and believe things they probably would not have other wards.

(ie: the book Julian Wants to be a Mermaid. Julian is a little boy, and he becomes a mermaid. saw this in a Barnes and Noble. makes you want to think, huh?)