The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kade Rivok

If we're to stay true to the thread title, though, we can't talk about hills for too long.  That wouldn't be random enough.  What is everybeasts thoughts on potatoes?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

I like potatoes more than any other side, but I'm not a fan of potato chips. Or chips in general, really.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

Are we speaking different dialects here? I like crisps (btw, sour cream and onion are better than salt and vinegar but neither are the best), but not chips or other forms of potatoes.

Any RA fans ever noticed that at the start of Ruins of Gorlan, Horace is eating potatoes? So somehow Araluen got potatoes even before America (well, their version) was discovered.

Verdauga

Oh yeah. UK English. Yes, different dialects. the chips I speak of are the same as your (and Grey's) crisps.

RA is also in a fantasy world with timeline fluidity. It's the same reason why Redwall can have coffee.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Booklover on November 27, 2019, 04:18:08 PM
Any RA fans ever noticed that at the start of Ruins of Gorlan, Horace is eating potatoes? So somehow Araluen got potatoes even before America (well, their version) was discovered.

Eh, they also use words like brouhaha, so I think it's best not to pay attention to such things.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Quote from: Verdauga on November 27, 2019, 04:22:37 PM
Oh yeah. UK English. Yes, different dialects. the chips I speak of are the same as your (and Grey's) crisps.

RA is also in a fantasy world with timeline fluidity. It's the same reason why Redwall can have coffee.
RA is more famous for its coffee. Especially Arridi coffee with honey in.

Verdauga

I'm  just pointing out that both series deviate from history.

Booklover

And RA is set in the 600s, but Araluen is more equivalent, in terms of weapons and society, to the 13th century or something like that.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Verdauga

Apurrently. I don't know which era its' weapons are supposed to be from though.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Russa Nodrey

I read the first book about five years ago. Will, Halt, Horace, Lady Pauline, and a brouhaha, are basically all I can remember.
Freddy

Ebantu the Kararehe

That part is seriously funny, especially in the audio book.
*rolls down hill on horseback*
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Ebantu the Kararehe on November 29, 2019, 06:58:06 AM
*rolls down hill on horseback*
I sincerely hope, for the horse's sake, that you meant "rides down hill on horseback".

The brouhaha bit is in The Burning Bridge, isn't it?
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!