The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lass of something much

Quote from: Hickory on April 11, 2021, 05:26:23 AM
Quote from: Booklover on April 10, 2021, 03:21:32 PM
But I like (I like) chains!
You know, this reminds me of that one time I was walking in a mall (pre-COVID, don't worry). I was on my way to purchase some cheap steel chains for myself (I moonlight as a goth girl in Columbus) when I was accosted by PRAECS (People's Republican Army for Eradication of Cheap Steel), a terror group consisting of vigilantes and ex-Steel Regulatory Commission employees wanted by the FBI for tax fraud. The extremists then demanded that I give up my cheap steel and sign up for a series of propaganda-ridden "steel enthusiast education seminars" hosted in the local public convention center's lobby. When I refused to sign up for this obviously draconian punishment, they proceeded to wrap me in high-grade steel chain before tossing me into the nearest mall pond, after which they swarmed the local Hot Topic with a series of high-power magnets and "confiscated" all cheap steel jewelry (later recovered by an FBI raid at an abandoned farmhouse forty miles outside Columbus). Truly an affront to this great country as well as the Department of Commerce's Section 232 investigation of the steel market in the US, which was, of course, designed to combat steel elitism prevalent in the Midwest.

That is the weirdest shopping story I have ever heard
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Suddenly there was a burst of instrumental music from somewhere, and somebeast in a cape darted past, lobbing cans of something that could or could not be meat at signs bearing the rules for posting on the forum. The creature disappeared into the night, lobbing one more can into a street lamp as they did so. The authorities who investigated the scene could only deduce one thing: the Masked Spammer had struck again!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Flib Bigboat

Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Hickory

Quote from: lass of something much on April 12, 2021, 12:18:47 PM
You know, this reminds me of that one time I was walking in a mall (pre-COVID, don't worry). I was on my way to purchase some cheap steel chains for myself (I moonlight as a goth girl in Columbus) when I was accosted by PRAECS (People's Republican Army for Eradication of Cheap Steel), a terror group consisting of vigilantes and ex-Steel Regulatory Commission employees wanted by the FBI for tax fraud. The extremists then demanded that I give up my cheap steel and sign up for a series of propaganda-ridden "steel enthusiast education seminars" hosted in the local public convention center's lobby. When I refused to sign up for this obviously draconian punishment, they proceeded to wrap me in high-grade steel chain before tossing me into the nearest mall pond, after which they swarmed the local Hot Topic with a series of high-power magnets and "confiscated" all cheap steel jewelry (later recovered by an FBI raid at an abandoned farmhouse forty miles outside Columbus). Truly an affront to this great country as well as the Department of Commerce's Section 232 investigation of the steel market in the US, which was, of course, designed to combat steel elitism prevalent in the Midwest.

Don't worry, it wasn't as weird as that one time I visited the park near my house and happened to see a raft of ducks walking by on their way to the pond. Knowing how many retirees in my town liked to feed the ducks various items of gluten-rich food, I (after checking to make sure no-one of this demographic was present) shouted "FATTY! FATSO! GET SOME REAL FOOD LIKE POND WEEDS!" and assorted diet-related insults at the feathery gluttons. Little did I know that prominent members of the PRADD (People's Republican Army for Defense of Ducks), a noted terror group consisting of vigilantes and ex-PETA activists wanted by the ATF for possession of unregistered firearms, were nearby (their clothing had earlier led me to mistake them for a herd of butch lesbians). The PRADD terrorists then descended upon me while several of their group fell into a loose skirmish formation around the ducks. I was pelted with a variety of insults (apparently aimed at my choice of clothing, which was evidently "waterfowlphobic") and then summarily tossed into the nearest pond, after which my assailants proceeded to spoil the smug mallards with bags of Nature's Own 100% Whole Grain wheat bread. Truly an affront to this great nation as well as Michelle Obama's 2010 "Let's Move!" dietary campaign, which was, of course, aimed to combat the rapid spread of waterfowl obesity in America.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Russa Nodrey

These last posts have been very interesting.
Freddy

Gourmand

Tries to balance on my head and immediately topples over.

Booklover

*does not even bother to attempt to balance on my head because it will fail horribly*
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, there was a galaxy far far away a long time ago. THE END.

lass of something much

Quote from: Flib Bigboat on April 12, 2021, 11:00:17 PM
Quote from: lass of something much on April 12, 2021, 09:41:12 PM
*Vomits on Kade*
Wow, rude, much.

It's my signature move

Quote from: Hickory on April 13, 2021, 02:32:11 AM
Quote from: lass of something much on April 12, 2021, 12:18:47 PM

Don't worry, it wasn't as weird as that one time I visited the park near my house and happened to see a raft of ducks walking by on their way to the pond. Knowing how many retirees in my town liked to feed the ducks various items of gluten-rich food, I (after checking to make sure no-one of this demographic was present) shouted "FATTY! FATSO! GET SOME REAL FOOD LIKE POND WEEDS!" and assorted diet-related insults at the feathery gluttons. Little did I know that prominent members of the PRADD (People's Republican Army for Defense of Ducks), a noted terror group consisting of vigilantes and ex-PETA activists wanted by the ATF for possession of unregistered firearms, were nearby (their clothing had earlier led me to mistake them for a herd of butch lesbians). The PRADD terrorists then descended upon me while several of their group fell into a loose skirmish formation around the ducks. I was pelted with a variety of insults (apparently aimed at my choice of clothing, which was evidently "waterfowlphobic") and then summarily tossed into the nearest pond, after which my assailants proceeded to spoil the smug mallards with bags of Nature's Own 100% Whole Grain wheat bread. Truly an affront to this great nation as well as Michelle Obama's 2010 "Let's Move!" dietary campaign, which was, of course, aimed to combat the rapid spread of waterfowl obesity in America.

o.0

What on earth...
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱