News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Ratty Driftwood

Started by Faclan, January 23, 2020, 02:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shisteer of nothing much

Mharbrow smirked, watching Garavito struggled uselessly against his bonds, obviously trying to kick him.
"Thank you for the information, Garavito. I will be sure to remember it."
So saying, Mharbrow gave the other captain a good whack on his jaw, his eyes narrowing as the ermine sank back into unconsciousness.
"And that'll teach you some respect, you runty toad!" Dyemhar snarled, dragging the limp form back to his crew and securing him to the driftwood log.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Belladonna had watched in silence while her captain questioned the feisty ermine. She took the bogweed from Mharbrow's paw and returned it to it's place in her bag.
  "Who dealt with Garavito, Captain?" the vixen asked quietly. "I want to inspect that ring and find out how it is a weapon. I suspect poison, but I'd like to be sure."
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Kade Rivok

Firestripe had stood by while the captain worked, somewhat surprised by how effective the bogweed had been, and somewhat worried by it as well.  He didn't know if resisting the herb was simply a matter of willpower, but he hoped it was never used on himself.  As Garavito had mentioned his ring as being a weapon, he'd returned Mharbrow's surprised look with an equally bemused expression, and upon the captain finishing the interrogation, Firestripe took a moment to remove the ring from the ermines paw.  It was a pretty thing with a large gem on top, but there was nothing obviously lethal about it.  He'd been about to start trying to twist the gem when Belladonna spoke up, and he handed the ring to her.

"Aye, it's probably best you be the one to examine it."  He said with a wink.  Though, as he wore an eyepatch, being able to tell it was a wink was a tad difficult.  "I'm really only good at fighting, after all."
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Belladonna carefully turned the ring over in her paws, looking at it from every angle. She twisted the jewel and raised her eyebrows as it flipped back on a minuscule hinge, revealing a tiny needle.
  "You had the right idea about the gem, Firestripe." she said, sniffing the ring. "This needle is hollow and full of poison. If somebeast got this stuck in them they wouldn't live long."
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

And until we meet again,

shisteer of nothing much

Dyemhar's scarred eyebrow lifted quizzically as he watched the ring in the vixen's paw.
"A simple object, yet dangerous. Still, it's not much use having a valuable looking item as a beast's hidden weapon. A beast's valuables usually get confiscated when they're captured anyway. I'm surprised one of the crew hadn't searched him for anything of worth already."

Mharbrow sighed as he turned his attention back to the main camp and, more specifically, the stranger within.
"Now let's deal with the weasel. I have a funny feeling he'll try my patience more than Garakitom, or whatever his name is. Any looking scary will be very appreciated for this task."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Wrackfur had finished his soup and was going to get another serving when he noticed the fox captain glaring at him. Chuckling he laid his bowl on the rock he leaned against, crossed his arms, and smirked, not really attending to the hazard involved in annoying a vermin leader.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

Firestripe chuckled at the captain's request.  "Oh aye, I can certainly try and help you out there."

He ruffled the fur on his face, giving it a more wild appearance, and took his eyepatch off, revealing the scarred socket underneath.  It was a quick job, but it certainly served to give him a more ghastly and frightening visage.  This, coupled with his large frame, was sure to put most beasts on edge.  Drawing one of his sabers, he used it as a mirror to view himself while trying out a few different sneers, making sure to be turned away from most of the crew so they couldn't see what he was doing.

"What do you think, should I go with or without the eyepatch?"
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Mharbrow chuckled, a faint, though genuine, smile gracing his features as he shook his head in mock disappointment.
"You're as bad as a delicate mousemaid, primping your fur and smiling at your reflection. Without the eyepatch, definitely. Now that our hair is done nicely, let's get to work. Belladonna, can you circle round inconspicuously and cut off any chance of retreat. I have a feeling this beast is going to be a toad. Try and look scary, though I suspect you won't tidy up quite as well as Firestripe." Mharbrow smirked, then attended to his looks before advancing on the weasel, paw on scimitar.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

His smile faded when Wrackfur saw the two beasts heading straight for him and the vixen leaving, but he quickly regained it when he saw the captain place his paw on his sword, laughing and saying, "Wot're ye gon' ta use that fer? Cutting fruit?" Although, he said this more to himself than to the captain. He did not hide his smile, shaking his head as the two beasts approached. "Yew two need swords to talk to liddle ole me?" he thought. To him, the captain apparently did not believe he was competent enough.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Ebantu the Kararehe

Belladonna crept around and crouched beside a large rock, her eyes bright with interest at the scene before her. The vixen kept her gaze away from the scarred hollow in Firestripe's face, wishing he had retained the eyepatch.

And until we meet again,

Kade Rivok

Firestripe had noticed that Belladonna was a bit uncomfortable with his current appearance, but he didn't have time to think about it as he put his blade away and approached the weasel alongside Mharbrow.  He didn't like the looks of this burden they'd picked up; the creature seemed awfully full of himself despite the position he was in.  One would think that he would know better than to provoke others when the odds were so obviously against him.  As they grew near and he heard the vermin's comment, the black fox sharply stuck out his paw, placing it on the rock by the scarred-faced weasel's head, and leaned forward over him.  Firestripe's eye narrowed as he shoved his face in close and spoke in a low, threatening voice.

"I suggest you watch your tongue.  We've treated you well and given you food.  Don't make me feel the need to retrieve it." 

He poked the creatures stomach sharply for emphasis before stepping to the side to make way for the captain.  The rest of the crew we're trying to act nonchalant, but many curious glances were thrown their way and he could see one or two of them palming at the hilts of their blades.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

The fox's barren eye socket unnerved Wrackfur at first, making him keenly aware of the danger he was in, but he forced his smirk to remain, chuckling again and saying,  "Yew've given me food, yer right; but I'm sher yew'd hate t'lose yer other eye, eh?" As this vermin wasn't the first he'd seen with only one eye, his fear waned and his recklessness increased, fought down by him knowing he had to cave to them to survive.  "Ah just figger that if I were a vermin cap'n, I wouldn' be scared of one weasel enough to need me weapon. That said-"  Wrackfur drew out his axe and tossed it onto the sand, burying it bit down. He noticed a beast moving behind him as he watched the axe, but figured it was just the crew keeping watch.
"Let's do this friendly-like, eh? No need to get each other hurt."
He couldn't fight off an entire crew. He had to give in.

Faclan

Well they seemed to have been left alone for now. The Navigator letting out the breath had had been holding when the shifty Vixen came up to take the Captains ring. Half expecting her to jam a scalpel or other blade into the small leaders neck. But now they were distracted by the new recuit they picked up. Leaving the enemy crew, them, alone-ish. There were still crewbeasts about but for now they were not being directly looked at.

The small rat had been feeling his bonds during the interrogation and had worked out that they were not tied tight enough for him. He wouldn't try to escape on his own. Too timid for that. But it was something to keep in mind. First things first though the Captain.

Scooting over as much as he could he leaned over and whispered; "Cap'n? Ta ok?"

shisteer of nothing much

Mharbrow's eyes narrowed as he took the axe and studied it. It was a relatively cruse weapon, with a sharp enough blade. It was clear, though, that the weight of it accounted for many of its victories. The weasel, irritating as he may be, would need to be fairly strong to wield it with as much ease as he'd just demonstrated. The fact that he'd surrendered his primary weapon didn't mean he was helpless, by any means. Marbrow would be surprised if he wasn't at least decent at hand-to-hand fighting.
"So, your name is Wrackfur. Care to tell us anymore about yourself?"

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Wrackfur shrugged. "Nothin' yew haven't heard twice before, I'd reckon." He looked past the crew, out to sea before adding, "I ain't never been on a boat before though. If yer wonderin' how I got here, I came from a band that uh...met its end a few days ago." He found it easier to answer the captain than he had most others.