News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Filling in the Gaps [Contest]

Started by Cornflower MM, August 23, 2020, 12:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

ATTENTION, WRITERS AND ARTISTS! It is time for something never before done on the forum. . . A collaboration between the fanfiction board and art board! What are we doing for this momentous occasion, I hear you asking? A CONTEST! I'm challenging you to find a partner and work together to show me what you two can come up with with your one-word prompt..... *drumroll*

BROCKHALL!

Not much is known about that wonderful, mystical tree that was so important to the beginning of it all, and I want to know what you think happened in between the snapshots we see.

Your prompt is Brockhall - Obviously, I want Brockhall to be a prominent feature in the story and art. You can create about Brockhall during the events of Mossflower, Triss, or any time between, before, after, or even some combination. The choice is up to you.

Artists, I want you to find a writer to work with to create a story and an accompanied art piece. I don't care how the two fit together - if it's a drawing of a scene from the story, or ties in some other way - but one of the rules for judging (more on that in a sec) is creativity so keep that in mind.

RULES

*Submissions must be posted in the fanfiction board in a single topic with "[FITG]" or "[FITG CONTEST]" in the title so I can find them and must be posted by September 26th at midnight EST. If multiple teams need more time, message me so I know.

*Teams of two! An author and an artist. You may work on multiple submissions. Remember to work together!

*You will be judged by myself on a points system - There will be one winner (unless there's a tie) and that team will receive a shiny prize made by @Dannflower Reguba

*All art forms are accepted - Traditional, digital, or other.

JUDGING RUBRIC

Creativity: 0/15

SPAG [Spelling, Punctuation, and Grammar]: 0/10

Detail: 0/10

Integration of Art and Writing [How well the art ties into the story]: 0/5

Thematic Commitment: 0/5

I'm so excited to see what you guys come up with! The important thing here is to HAVE FUN. I left a lot of details up to y'all for a reason. ;) Please feel free to post in this topic or message me with any questions or concerns!

Cornflower MM

Just a reminder - tomorrow marks one week until submissions are due! If any teams need more time please feel free to message me.

The Grey Coincidence

If anybody needs an artist, I'm available. Speaking of, I need an artist myself.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Jarky Thistlebrush

@Cornflower MM can we draw multiple artworks for the story?
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Cornflower MM

Cornflower MM

12 hours until the deadline - Hurry and get your submissions posted!

Cornflower MM

An extension has been requested, new deadline is Monday the 28th, midnight EST. Don't wait until the last minute, though. ;)