have you ever.........

Started by Mad Maudie, February 03, 2012, 03:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Yeah, though it wasn't that bad thankfully!

HYE had your name mispronounced?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rainshadow

Oh, it's only been mispronounced by nearly everyone I've met in my entire life.  They either cut off a few letters, add some more, put the emphasis on the wrong syllable, or just change my name entirely.  I've met maybe one or two people who've pronounced my name right without needing help.  (It's spelled really weirdly, so whenever someone reads it, they generally don't understand how it's supposed to be said.  Which is weird, 'cause it kinda seems self-explanatory.  I mean, yeah, it has a bunch of vowels stuck next to each other, and there's a Y in a weird spot, but really?  It's not that hard.  :P)

HYE worn an outfit that made you feel really confident?  (Sometimes I find a shirt that makes me feel really good about myself, for some odd reason.  Like my stripey blue and black one.  I like that shirt.)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Banya

^^same!

Yes.  Sometimes I need business clothes for things like a Model United Nations conference, and I feel like a boss.

HYE gotten a haircut that was a huge change from the cut you had before?

Luftwaffles

No, I like to keep the same style.

Have you ever had to extinguish some fire?
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

James Gryphon

Not with a fire extinguisher, but I did to put out a towel I accidentally dropped on a stove door once.

Have you ever gotten a paper cut?
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

Nope, never been paper cut.

HYE ever drunk something and then found out it was something else completely? (Seriously, once I drank a  bitter yellow liquid in a restaurant which I thought was mango juice. Turned out it was alcohol.  :P)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

Yes, but only once when I went to get a glass of water and it was sprite.

HyE Been attacked by a dog?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Banya

Yes, twice, years ago when I had my paper route.  One once chased me on my bike.  It must have been comical for anyone up at the time who may have seen it.

HYE gotten two Christmas presents that were the same?

Rainshadow

When I was really little, my parents got me a My Little Pony toy that my grandpa then got me for my birthday one month later.  Does that count?  :P

HYE had someone wish you happy birthday on a day that wasn't your birthday?  (Bonus points if they were at least a month off.)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Banya

Sure, that counts, Rain.

Yes, this happened just a few months ago.  When I looked at him like he was crazy, he said... "Oh, maybe it was somebody else.  I saw it on Facebook."  Niiice.

HYE been on a terrible date?

Delthion

Nope! But by posting this you have opened yourself to interrogation! ;D

HYE eaten something and thought it was really good and it turned out that you ate something that wasn't even part of the meal?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Banya

Can't say I have.

HYE been in the Machine?

Rainshadow

Yep.  I got paired with Leatgo, obviously.  ::)

HYE seen snow in the summer?  (My family went hiking for my dad's birthday a couple years ago (his birthday is in August), and we encountered snow twice on our hike.  Not just little patches, either; each patch of snow was just a bit smaller than a baseball field.  One was on a rather steep slope that we had to climb down.  We slid.  It was fun.  ;D  Well, except for when I snagged my hand on a bit of icy snow when I tried to slow down and scraped my hand pretty badly.  That wasn't so fun.)

Banya

No.  I've never been that far north, nor been at that high of an elevation.

HYE been frostbitten?

Mhera

Nope.

HYE gotten a sunburn bad enough it blistered?