News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Spring Nameday Feast

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, March 01, 2012, 03:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferdy and Coggs

Wait, so there's a mini pie inside the pie, what flavor is that pie?

*eats mini to find out*

Wow, this really is the spring of new beginnings, for the first time ever, I ate the flavoring for a giant pie!

*feasts on more food*
"We all have our thing, it's just what we do."

Favorite Redwall Book -- Mossflower
Currently Reading -- The Rogue Crew
Ferdy and Coggs -- Best Characters Yet

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Redwall Musician

Now, our next dish was made by yours truly. It's brownies.
*shows pan of brownies that looks delicious*
*goes to cut brownies*
*knife gets stuck in brownies*
It appears that the brownies are as hard as rocks. Why does this keep happening to me?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Icefire

Hm....I vote we make more brownies!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Redwall Musician

I would offer to make cookies, but they usually turn out like one flat, melted, cookie cake.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Icefire

We fix that by making cookie bars instead! Just press all the cookie dough into a pan and cut it into squarish shapes after they finish cooking.
*goes to the kitchen to demonstrate*

eualaia

tosses angry dibbun into food fight topic* he threw pie at me.
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Icefire

*comes back from the kitchens*
COOKIE BARS EVERYBODY!!!!!!
Ok, Ok, so it took a few tries, but they worked eventually!
*takes one* YUM!

Redwall Musician

Here are some I made.

*pulls out platter of weird-looking cookie things*

Yeah, they didn't turn out that good. I can even mess up cookie bars.

No, seriously, I have had so many bad baking experiences. I've even messed up no bake cookies.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I have zome zandwichez with muzhroomz with cheeze melted o'er them.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lily

Nothing says "Happy Spring" like snow! It's SNOWING here. It's not supposed to be doing that! *melts some snow to make tea*

Bragoon

Yeah, it's been hot here.  It was around 70 Fahrenheit here yesterday.  No snow for me, I'm afraid.    :'(
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Icefire

Yeah, it was snowing here first day of the feast. Where are you from Bragoon? That sounds like summer here!

Hey, Musician! How 'bout you leave the cooking to us and sing us a song? There's been a pathetic amount of music this feast!

DanielofRedwall

Oh wow. Snow. Never seen real snow in my entire life. And while you guys are having snow, we are in the middle of a heatwave, which is strange because normally around now it starts to cool down, not heat up! Summer is supposed to have finished!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Bragoon

I live on the Eastern coast of the U.S.A. 

We rarely get it around here, Daniel.  The most amount of snow I can ever remember is two inches, and that was during last year's record Winter.  Other than that, we're lucky if we get any falling, let alone any that sticks.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16