News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

CoMe HeRe WhEn YoU ArE BoReD

Started by Matthias720, June 12, 2011, 04:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White One6193

Quote from: Nightfire on September 01, 2011, 05:10:32 PM
Yeah, they're annoying. My nickname is actually "Knight," NOT nightingale or nightey. So call me "Knight" if you get sick of saying Nightfire. Understood?

Nightie? as in a sleeping shirt?  ;D "Knight" is an awesome nickname!!!
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Redwall Musician

When I don't know people's name, I call them person. It's just so much easier then asking what their name is.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Redwall Musician on September 02, 2011, 01:22:21 AM
When I don't know people's name, I call them person. It's just so much easier then asking what their name is.

Heehee. I know, right? ;D

Anybody tries calling me Skalsy and they'll see just how ferocious a fox is...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

I will not call you Skalsy. :) Foxes can be ferocious. Squirrels...less so. ;)
I'm not a hipster.

Icefire

Random question for you Skalrag: Why do you like Skalrag?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Redwall Musician

Because she does! Just like for some strange reason I really like kittens and pandas.

Kittens and Pandas!
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Icefire

PANDA! Which automatically makes me think of...
"Legend tells of a legendary warrior whose Kung Fu skills were the stuff of LEGEND!!!"
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

Okay, in case you have never read the Legend of Luke, SQUIRRELS ARE VERY FEROCIOUS AND DEADLY IF YOU GET THEM ANGRY!!!!!!!!

My nickname is Knight, and that it what you shall call me. Otherwise I act exactly like Ranguvar Foeseeker, and I will think of you all as vermin.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

I happen to have read the Legend of Luke, and I happen to know that there was only ever one squirrel with bloodwrath, and that was Ranguvar Foeseeker. Seriously, you need to take the Writer's Mary Sue Test.
I'm not a hipster.

James Gryphon

First things first: I think y'all should calm down. I don't see why this nickname thing has to be such a problem, but if it is, there's no use in getting angry about it. All that does is give them power over you.

Now for an essay on Bloodwrath:

Technically, there were two squirrels that suffered from Bloodwrath -- Felldoh, who was first in publication order (but not in chronological order), and then Ranguvar.

It's important to remember that Bloodwrathiness is not always a good condition. Rawnblade Widestripe suffered from it, and got so caught up in killing enemies that he didn't even notice that his allies were being slaughtered and needed help. Likewise, Cregga Rose Eyes went recklessly into combat not just once but twice, and the second time she paid for it with her vision. When Martin experienced it in Mossflower, it led to him making at least one mistake, charging Tsarmina head-long when he should have attacked more carefully. Martin II got caught up in it in Pearls of Lutra; if Auma hadn't been there to hold him down, he would've attacked the entire company of Monitors, and probably died in the process.

Also, remember that practically no hares ever suffered from Bloodwrath -- far from it, as they're usually calm and collected under fire -- and yet they're also renowned for being lethal. Russa Nodrey was built the same way, and she's one of my favorite squirrels.

There's something to be said for being a passionate individual, but there's also a certain virtue in keeping your wits about you. Felldoh went all-out on Badrang, and all it did was kill him -- whereas if he'd thought things through more carefully, he might've avoided that ambush.

Finally, it's important to remember that no matter how good a character may be, or how much one likes them, they aren't perfect. Boar briefly lost his temper and knocked Martin unconscious. Bella, although an experienced and wise badger lady, didn't have the skill to heal Martin, or the ability necessary to oust Tsarmina from Mossflower. Matthias wasn't strong enough to take down Cluny in a fair fight. Luke blundered by putting his ship into port, and almost his entire crew died for it. Simeon was one of the most perceptive characters in the books, yet he was blind. Every one of the characters have made mistakes, or at least have some weakness. There isn't anyone that could have done everything, and it's important to remember that no story character -- or for that matter, no person, except for One, is an exception to that rule.
« Subject to editing »

Tiria Wildlough

Exactly right!^^ ;D Nice essay, too! :)
Bloodwrath is nothing to be proud of.
Still, it was fun arguing about the nickname. :D
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Thank you, James. My character is more of the "Gorath the Flame" type. She has Bloodwrath, but usually keeps it in check. All I ask is: Please don't antagonize me. Just call me Knight, if Nightfire is too hard for you.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

Look, I'll make you a deal: I won't call you Nightey, and you chuck the 'slow and painful death' thing. Deal?
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

This is for badger (,mushroom and Asmodeus) fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPUyMJs3dmw

Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, MUSHROOM! MUSHROOM!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.