News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

PORTAL FANS

Started by MatthiasMan, April 13, 2012, 11:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthiasMan

Sorry if there is another topic for this. I searched, a couple times.

"If you get covered in the blue repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me.'Do not get covered in the blue repulsion gel.' ."

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

psybox

i'll be active on this tread. (probably)
we haven't exactly nailed down what element it is, but it's a lively one, and it doesn't like the human skeleton

Dannflower Reguba

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

MatthiasMan

Hahaha, basically it kills you.

"If life gives you lemons don't make lemonade, what am I gonna do with a bunch of dang lemons. GET MAD!!

psybox

these what am i supposed to do with these

also it doesn't kill you guess cave Johnson was wrong about that too.

did you know that the symptoms of moon rock poisoning is similar to asbestos poisoning?
maybe that was what caused his death.
PS. have you played the first?

MatthiasMan

Never played the first or second. They belong to my brother Dominic. I watch and listen to him play though. I REALLY like the game.

psybox

okay. have you watched and listened to the first?

MatthiasMan

I can't remember a lot because when my brother played it, it was so long ago. I mostly remember stuff from the second one.

psybox

i prefer the first, because i have that on the computer.
that may seem like an odd reason but i want the portal 2 authoring tools.

Bragoon

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/music.php

In case you liked the music.  Or if you like free stuff.  Or ringtones.  Ringtones are nice too.  :P
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

psybox

did you click on the burnt part? it contains an Easter egg

DanielofRedwall

I'm a huge Portal fan. I watch my brother play the first and them, after noticing all the Portal fans on the forum, I decided to have a shot myself. This was about 6 months ago. I completed it quite slowly (it is pretty hard) and loved every moment. Then, after that, I decide to get Portal 2. I found it for $50 and got it. I finished that pretty quick. Now I hope Valve will learn to count to three and make a third installment. I doubt it, considering neither Half-Life, Team Fortress, Counter-Strike or Left 4 Dead have third games in the series. Still, there's hope.

What do you guys play Portal on? Steam? The computer? PlayStation? XBox 360? I do it on the 360, but once I get my own laptop which is good I'll probably get Steam.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Dannflower Reguba

It's STEAM! Not stream! And you can get number 2 for 20$ on steam.

Matthias720

You guys may not know this, but because Portal 1 was made with the same engine that was used for Half-Life 2, you can use the console (press the "`" key to open it) to give yourself all the weapons from Half Life 2. Warning: it's extremely buggy, so expect Portal to crash at some point. It's fun to mess with, though. :)