News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

So, it's been announced that Leia will be in Episode IX without the use of CGI.  They'll be using recent footage of Carrie Fisher to do it.  I have literally no idea how this is supposed to work, but I guess the filmmakers know more about it than us.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

BJaqFan

I saw that!  Should be interesting!

Anyone else looking forward to the new season of Freemakers this summer?

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Amber

Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures is a Lego animated TV show. I saw a bit of it once when my siblings were watching it.

Gonff the Mousethief

Dang, the trailer got me shook. Just, woah. This will be one heck of a movie.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

My initial reaction:  WAIT WHAT THERE'S A TRAILER OMW

My reaction after seeing it: AGGGGGHHHHHHHH
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

BJaqFan

SO can't wait for the movie to come out!!!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah vant tae take acid tae every copy o' av zeze ztupid Force Avakenz rubbizh zin'z und melt zem av dovn, und delete every zaved forme o' data aboot zem, zen melt ze Dizney recordz fer good meazure.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jukka the Sling

Jetthebinturong

The Last Jedi trailer wasn't very good. Didn't really hype me up for the movie at all. But at least they're doing the "Jedi and Sith are archaic concepts anyone should use any power" thing.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

Well in the trailer Luke says "I only know one truth. The Jedi must end."
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 14, 2017, 11:38:03 PM
Someone's bitter.

Ach, let uz zee...George Lucas createz Ztar Varz. After ze original trilogy, zey alzae 'ave an Expanded Univerze o' ozer ztoriez, az vell az a prequel trilogy. Durin' ziz toime vroiterz pour zeir 'eartz und zoulz intae creatin' more ztoriez fer ze Ztar Varz Expanded Univerze: Zey 'ave book zeriez, comicz, gamez, televizion epizodez, furzer continuationz o' zaid previouz zin'z, major plot eventz in ze Ztar Varz Univerze, und zen...Zey gut ze entoire zin'- everyzin' zat everybein' az been vorkin' on und az ztated previouzly pourin' ze 'eartz und zoulz intae, completely zrovn oot ze vindov und labeled az "Legendz", bringin' zome nev rubbizh und replacin' ze original, actual real-Ztar Varz viz ze nev rubbizh und placin'n ze "Canon" az zat...Aye, ye could zay ah'm nae zat fond o' ziz nev rubbizh.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

James Gryphon

Most of the EU after a point (Vector Prime) was awful, though. And after the Vong arc ended, it somehow got even worse. The ability of just about anybody to get their silly idea made canon, as in Force Unleashed, were the last nails in the coffin. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the older works (the Thrawn trilogy) as much as anybody, but on the whole I think the EU universe was a disaster.

That's not to say that the new trilogy is the answer to that problem, but it couldn't mess it up much worse than it was.

Honestly, at the end of the day I expect I'll pick and choose my personal SW canon, and throw out the rest.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

^
I've got my own ideas and whatnot on the series, so I just think stuff is canon when it's not and kinda ignore a lot of "canon" stuff.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.