News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

I'm not even going to watch episode IX. TLJ destroyed my good will for the sequel trilogy. I'll watch the anthology films though, if there are more of them.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

I saw the Shapiro video a while back just for kicks, and, while I appreciate his dislike for it, one thing that always bugged me was that he calls Leia's Force-pull scene "flying", saying that it's a plot hole because why didn't the Emperor fly back up the shaft in RotJ if flying is a thing now.  But like... it wasn't flying.  She was in zero-gravity and just pulled herself back to the ship. XP  Sure, the scene looked bad aesthetically, but it's not as lore-breaking as he made it out to be.

I'll probably watch IX later once I can get access to it for free.  Because I am a bit curious about it, but not enough to support it financially.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tungro

If it was zero gravity how did dropping the bombs work since it was not like they were propelled or anything?

Jetthebinturong

The ships likely exert their own gravitational pull. A fairly weak one, but one nonetheless. That should be sufficient to attract the bombs.

Jukka the Sling

One of the visual guidebooks explained it away by saying the bombs are magnetic.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jack the Quick

Star Wars is my favorite. Long live the clones! (If they weren't dead)
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

The Shadow of Korriban

Which Star Wars movie is your favorite, Jack?
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Jack the Quick

Uhhhh...
I like them all, but I think Return of the Jedi is my favorite.

Long live the RRR!!

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Hickory

Quote from: Tungro on April 25, 2019, 11:32:20 PM
If it was zero gravity how did dropping the bombs work since it was not like they were propelled or anything?
This is a months-late response, but it's generally taken that because ships in Star Wars have their own artificial gravity (ubiquitous amongst every spacefaring vessel), then the bombs fell out under the influence of that gravity and continued towards the ship by momentum.

Anyway. This is quite late, but here's the gameplay for the new game coming out:

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jarky Thistlebrush

Speakin' o' jolly ole' games, I once dug up a really flippin' old star-wars X-Wing game, wot wot.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Jukka the Sling

@Hickory  Aww yeah, Saw Gerrera!  This game is looking so good.  I probably won't play it (don't have a computer good enough right now), but just watching the gameplay... man, the landscapes and everything are so pretty, and the whole thing just feels like Star Wars.

On another note, there are new rumors saying that Disney+ is finally going to do a Kenobi series.  Ewan McGregor is supposedly in talks to act and maybe direct.

Jetthebinturong

It looks decent, but it doesn't look like the game that was originally advertised. I was expecting a game about a lone Jedi on the run from the Empire, not an active freedom fighter. Also it's ridiculously Assassin's Creed in terms of playstyle, mechanics and animation.

I'm intrigued by the main dude's lightsaber though. The handle looks slightly longer than normal, which suggests it might be double-bladed.

Jack the Quick

The game looks really good, but I agree with Jet, it's not the same as the original advertising. it still looks good, though!

Long live the RRR!!

Hickory

Though I disagree that the original reveal trailer hinted at one plot or another, I don't especially mind the shift to freedom fighter. Overdone, sure – Rebels is similar in more ways than one – but it could make for a promising game, even if it doesn't break new ground. And since we aren't getting another KOTOR any time soon, I'm more than willing to take what's given. Hell, I wanted an RPG where you aren't a Jedi, or a game where you serve the Empire (without defecting), but this game is ultimately for profit. Beggars can't be choosers, unfortunately.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.