News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimroseWarrior

KICK HIM WHILE HES DOWN!!!!!
"Every fairytale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me, or you're nothing."
    ~Moriarty

"People have died."
"Thats what people DO!"

"Did u miss me?"
      ~Moriarty & Sherlock

Lily

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on November 03, 2012, 11:57:50 PM
Why iz it goin' tae take zaeo long tae get the movie oot?
I don't think they even have a script yet. Movies take time to make, especially effects-heavy ones like Star Wars.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this whole thing. I'm all for merchandise of Mickey Mouse dressed up as Star Wars characters, I love that sort of stuff, but I can't help but be apprehensive about the new movies. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love for the new stuff to be great, but given the recent track-record...

AxeHound

Well, about the recent track-record: Disney released the Avengers. On the other hand, they also released the Princess and the Frog. So...

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: AxeHound on November 04, 2012, 07:52:11 PM
Well, about the recent track-record: Disney released the Avengers. On the other hand, they also released the Princess and the Frog. So...

Hey! The Princess and the Frog was a children's animation! That reflects nothing about their other movie styles!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

AxeHound

Okay. J.R.R. Tolkien hated Disney. How's that?

SaberTruth

Quote from: AxeHound on November 04, 2012, 11:15:44 PM
Okay. J.R.R. Tolkien hated Disney. How's that?

Well, that would have been the old Disney. I don't care for the really old stuff from them either.

Lily

I was more talking about the Star Wars track record. I haven't liked the way the franchise was going since Vector Prime was released back when I was in school. I loved The Avengers, and I love Disney. :)

Tam and Martin

I (Tam) love Starwars!!!!!!! My sister Martin doesn't though.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

PrimroseWarrior

Martins a girl!?!?! whats tam?
"Every fairytale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me, or you're nothing."
    ~Moriarty

"People have died."
"Thats what people DO!"

"Did u miss me?"
      ~Moriarty & Sherlock

AxeHound

Quote from: Lily on November 05, 2012, 12:31:40 AM
I was more talking about the Star Wars track record. I haven't liked the way the franchise was going since Vector Prime was released back when I was in school. I loved The Avengers, and I love Disney. :)

The Avengers was incredible. However, they got it wrong a lot (Thor anyone?) before they got it right.

PrimroseWarrior

What was the matter with thor? of course, Ironman is SO much better...
    ~Moriarty

"People have died."
"Thats what people DO!"

"Did u miss me?"
      ~Moriarty & Sherlock

AxeHound

The movie Thor was awful. Whatever. The Sith shall rule!

Dreamer

I like starwars. I prefer the older ones though. its so sad about anakin.
~Dreamer~

PrimroseWarrior

~Moriarty

"People have died."
"Thats what people DO!"

"Did u miss me?"
      ~Moriarty & Sherlock

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

And he brought the force back into balance...

for say, zix monthz?...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.